A P P R O V E D !!!???

ftjquest

Registered Users (C)
I received a courtesy copy of my I485 approval in mail today. The online status still says:

On May 27, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence......

My attorney hasn't received the original approval notice either so I am a bit concerned. I am planning to go to the Dallas local office next week. If this is the real deal, the way it is happening is a bit unexpected and it is certainly taking time sinking in!! Keeping my fingers crossed and will update next week!!

my details:
RD 09/26/2001
ND 11/08/2001
FP 05/27/2003
no RFE

I would also like to thank the members of this forum for their help and support..i think the collective wisdom on immigration law here surpasses any attorney's, not to take anything away from Mr Khanna who has earned all of our respect for enabling this forum :)
All the best to the remaining 2001 filers!

Don't forget your EAD!

Hi,

Congratulations! I have a similar Notice Date and I also received my approval notice a few days ago. Of course, I've already been to the INS and had my passport stamped.

The funny thing is, after all these years of high-security visas in consulates, all they'll put in your passport is a regular office stamp in red ink and an agent will hand write the details of your case in your passport.

Take your current EAD cards with you. They don't say that in the notice you received, but they'll ask you for them. If you don't have them (I assume you may have one for you and one for your wife) they may ask you to come back some other time. Definitely that's not an option after three hours in line!

Don't worry about the on-line status. My personal experience is that the Texas Service Center has been rather slow to update the website. In my case the site also says that they have "just" taken my fingerprints almost a year ago...

Good luck at the INS. When you come back please tell us about your experience.

FC

Congratulations!!

I hope I can get the approval notice before the website gets updated!!

Enjoy your new freedom!!

We will probably see a lot of approvals this evening as well as over the week end .. all the best guys