A new visa, H-5A and H-5B -- New Bill

H1B=Modern Slavery

Basically the equation is :
H1B=Modern Day American Slavery
America has proven history of addiction for slavery. There's no place for sympathy.
America's in today's world managed to sustain the slavery by putting it in nice legal terms called H1B visas to make corporate world happy.
Only way you can get out of this slavery is if we unite our demands/voice. Other continue the way things are ..and don't complain. :mad:

Should we turn illegals ?

Can any one ask them " Should we become illegals then?"
The laws they are making are prompting the law fearing legal aliens to turn into unlawful illegals . Cann't they get this simple logic?
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Rajiv is willing to take it to Senator Ted Kennedy

Hi Guys,

I am not sure if any of you attended the conference call hosted by Rajiv today. I attended and brought this bill upto him. I asked him if he would be interested in taking this up.. He said he is willing to go meet Senator Ted. Kennedy in Boston if about 10 guys are interested.. This might a slim chance to try and include H1-B holders in the Bill .. ( see my posts above to check the wordings..). If we can make this happen, this will help the community as a whole and not just people who are processing green cards now.

Are any of you from the North east region who can travel to Boston if Rajiv needs. If so please post your email addresses to me or here.. we can inform Rajiv about this and see if he or any of us can schedule an appointment with the senator.

I live in Dallas. So I can't make it to Boston. I hope the quorum would be met if guys from Tristate area and MA are willing to join and meet the senator.

My email address : sanukum@hotmail.com

Thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
why dont they give some relive to folks with minor violation

Why not to extend 245i on the first place which is just one -line amendment to the existing law.

Shame On You Slave

African slaves risked their lives to be free ... H1Bs willingly accept slavery. Shame on you that you are a slave when you have a choice to be free. You are born free and yet you are enslaved to Anerican comforts and dollar. Many of the H1Bs can go back to their country and live a decent life .. the choice is yours

Contact Information for Senators/Congressmen sponsoring H5 Bill

Please send emails to include H-1 Visas in above provision of Immigration Bill. Letter format can be copied from one of the posts in the thread above.

1.Senator McCain

http://mccain.senate.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=Contact.Home

2.Senator Ted Kennedy

http://www.senate.gov/~kennedy/index_high.html

3.Congressman Luis Gutierrez

http://luisgutierrez.house.gov/feedback.cfm?campaign=luisguti
errez&type=Let%27s%20Talk

4.Congressman Jeff Flake
jeff.flake@mail.house.gov

5.Congressman Jim Kolbe -- accepts messages only if you are
from 8th district of Arizona.
http://www.house.gov/kolbe/IMA/issue.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
metaman said:
African slaves risked their lives to be free ... H1Bs willingly accept slavery. Shame on you that you are a slave when you have a choice to be free. You are born free and yet you are enslaved to Anerican comforts and dollar. Many of the H1Bs can go back to their country and live a decent life .. the choice is yours

I absolutly agree with you.

H5 requirements

Does any of you know if one can go from an H1B to an H5 visa when the H1B expires. Obviously, the job has to change to a low skilled job, but apparently if working 4 years on an H5 visa, one can adjust the status to permanent WITHOUT a sponsor. Any thoughts on this?

The same kind of question

Can someone overcome inadmissability ( overstay few days over 180 on non -immigrant visa) using new law? given the fact that I already work 5 years.

Orisssa: My church helps thousands of illegal aliens with ESL classes and free immigration help. These people is poor people that as you said, are just looking for a better life and help their families. Maybe they did not have the opportunities that I had, no family to pay for their education and no money, but they are not criminal nor terrorists.

And I feel ashamed of people that thinks that a person is less than a person because he/she cleans a toilet or babysits. Every job is necessary, and it dignifies the person. Is really fascist think that you are superior to someone else just because your family had money to send you to college. Shame on the people that minimizes any human being.

CarolVA said:
Orisssa: My church helps thousands of illegal aliens with ESL classes and free immigration help. These people is poor people that as you said, are just looking for a better life and help their families. Maybe they did not have the opportunities that I had, no family to pay for their education and no money, but they are not criminal nor terrorists.

And I feel ashamed of people that thinks that a person is less than a person because he/she cleans a toilet or babysits. Every job is necessary, and it dignifies the person. Is really fascist think that you are superior to someone else just because your family had money to send you to college. Shame on the people that minimizes any human being.

I don't think cleaning toilets and babysitting is less dignified job, its a job, you can still make money which will pay your bills, put food on your table and buy you things I want to and I know being illegal is very hard, lot harder then waiting for LC while being legally on H1B. It would be fair to give them new visa and Green Card after few years, but they should make them to wait in line for green card. What would be wrong is if they are allowed to jump ahead of line for green card, that would surely be unfair.
I don't think this rule clearly states how should they proceed with GC for illegal people, but I think its fair to have them wait in line and give H5 extensions while they are waiting.

As far as I know,and the way the bill is written, the will go and wait to the end of the line, and I also think is fair to make them wait until all of us get our GC, the same way we are waiting. Also they will have to pay $2K on penalties per person.

My post referred to an earlier post that quoted " Why a toilet cleaner should have it asy, while the university professors have to wait on line"....

Still fascist in my opinon. Closed subject.

Call me Shrek said:
Cala - exactly my effing thought. Why the heck a toilet cleaner should be able to adjust after 4 years with a minimum of hassle, while a university professor has to go through the whole EB process? What, those geniuses in Senate are afraid of smart people? Not surprising... yet still depressing.
This is the post I was referring to...

Adjustment of status after 5 years

Just FYI:
About 6-8 months ago I had heard from someone( can't remember who), that those who have a Masters degree, have worked in the US full-time for 3 years legally, have been in the U.S for at least 5 years, paid their taxes, do NOT have a criminal record, etc. can directly file for adjustment of status to a permanent resident. I do not know how true this is or if this was a rumor but from what I read in this post it looks eerily similar.

I'm sure this would save a lot of hardship to so many if this was really true. One can only hope this is not a red herring.

Thanks,
-msh626

Re: GCby2010

Hi,

can you talk to Rajiv to make this into a sticky thread at least or better into an bold printed announcement. I get the feeling that many folks on this board are not even aware of this new bill.
That would most certainly increase our chances to get 10+ volunteers to join him in DC.

H-1B workers qualify for H-5?

If this bill passes, can H-1B people whose visas expire just remain in the US illegally and not leave and then get a low skilled job and apply for H-5 visa and 4 years later apply for permanent residence without a sponsor? Or is this exclusively for others such as Mexicans lacking education? What is your understanding?

Boston

I would be able to go to Boston to make this happen. I also know someone else who also lives in the Northeast who can go if needed. Let me know how to make this happen and I will participate.

bjorn said:
If this bill passes, can H-1B people whose visas expire just remain in the US illegally and not leave and then get a low skilled job and apply for H-5 visa and 4 years later apply for permanent residence without a sponsor? Or is this exclusively for others such as Mexicans lacking education? What is your understanding?

Its a good idea to transfer to H-5 , its already been 4 years paying taxes and lawfull for many of us. :rolleyes:

Guys:

We should try to spread the word around and get as many volunteers as possible to meet with Rajiv/ Senator about our (H-1) cause. Please try to mobilize support. We may have a slim chance, but it is worth gicing a shot. Let's concentrate our resources on lobbying for it.