A LUD a day......

well we didn't have to convince the officer abt anything, as soon as she saw the scrapbook i gave her, she became extremely friendly and said everything is fine, but she'll get back to me abt using assets.
my husband is studying in china for only one semester. so it's just a temporary thing.
she understood that the situation was that we live together but that for one semester he got a scholarship to go abroad. and that when he returns we will continue to live our life like before.
in your case, you have to show that you guys actually live together, but that temporarily you will work in ny or that he will move to ny or that you will move back to chicago. the situation should look like its just temporary.
think abt it this way...lets say that both of you live in chicago but that for one semester you have an internship in ny, all you have to do is tell that you have an internship and have the documents to show that. i had all the acceptance letters that my husband got, but she didn't even bother to look at it.
you have to show that you will be visiting him. and that you have the intention of living together in either chicago or ny later on, after he finishes his education. just keep all the receipts to show that you have visited him until your interview comes. this includes gas bills you paid along the way to chicago if you are driving, or amtrak tickets, restaurant receipts....whatever you can get.

service centers

Is anyone here resident of Maryland? If yes, anyone got case trasnfered to Cincinnati, Ohio? I mailed my package to Vermont originally. It got transfered to Baltimore. I then got approval letter from Cincinnati, Ohio. It's been 15 months since my interview. I got LPR approval on 6/22/2006. No green card until now.

Let me hear your story of same situation.

Thanks Thanks Thanks.

Our intention is to be in NY. He is in his 2ndyear and will be graduating soon, another year to go. He is looking for summer job actively in NY. I have proves for that.
The reason we filed in Chicago because my hubby is there as full time student. If and only if my present employer could write me a letter stating that I do frequent visit between chicago and NY. But, chances are slim.

I met with my attorney yesterday. HE said that couple not living together might raise a red flag if and only if with valid reason. HE even said that sometimes they may ask. They may not ask too because I have co-sponsor.
I was sleepless and the clocks are ticking.
Should I sacrifice my job and move to chicago without job?

DIlemma....

I just got a LUD on my I-485 on Sunday 10/22 (probably done on Friday).
My interview is tomorrow 10/24.....
I think they're looking into my file......
Well, I guess I'll tell you guys tomorrow....

sarrebal said:
We're not practising. My wife had to go through immigration when she was a child and later when she was a teenager to become a USC. She knows the process and we have nothing to hide. If she doesn't remember my parents' date of births, I'm sure she'll make it up (and we have plenty of stuff).

I thought you was talking about "HONESTY" earlier. Here you are talking about your "wife making it up". I guess you meant honesty only applies to others not to you. OH MY BAD!

NeShawn said:
I thought you was talking about "HONESTY" earlier. Here you are talking about your "wife making it up". I guess you meant honesty only applies to others not to you. OH MY BAD!

You have some serious problem.
How could she possibly make up something that the immigration officer has written on a form?
For making it up I meant that we have plenty of stuff (I've been photocopying the whole morning) to demonstrate that the marriage is real.

NeShawn said:
:confused: I am just going by what you said. Your interpretation of things is really questionable! I mean you did say that she doesn't remember.... so maybe she will have to make it up. if you are such a crusader for "Honesty" why don't she just tell them "she don't remember?

Again....
She will say that she doesn't remember.
Then she (we) will make it up by showing tons of proof that our marriage is real.
It would take 5 minutes to have my wife study and remember my parents' birthday (she barely remembers her parents' birthdays), but we just don't want to sit down and prepare (no time, no use).
Got it now?

And plus, how stupid could we be to lie on something unquestionable like a date of birth?

I apologize. I see where the interpretation is confusing. It is the use of your words. I forgot for a moment about the language barrier. Word usage is different. So hope you accept my apology. :eek: Don't stress it too much. All should go well. At least you got to vent while dealing with me. :p Ha Ha

No hard feelings? Eh?

NeShawn said:
I apologize. I see where the interpretation is confusing. It is the use of your words. I forgot for a moment about the language barrier. Word usage is different. So hope you accept my apology. :eek: Don't stress it too much. All should go well. At least you got to vent while dealing with me. :p Ha Ha

No hard feelings? Eh?

Hey, no problem at all.

NeShawn said:
Thks man!! Good luck with the interview.

Thanks.
Ours is a really easy case. everything should be alright and I expect a stamp (I've been told at infopass that my namecheck cleared in August).

But you can't really tell until it's done.

sarrebal said:
Thanks.
Ours is a really easy case. everything should be alright and I expect a stamp (I've been told at infopass that my namecheck cleared in August).

But you can't really tell until it's done.

Good luck --- best wishes.

pianoplayer said:
Good luck --- best wishes.

Thanks.
I am just done translating (well, she did) my wife's birth certificate, a nice Soviet Union one in cyrillic.

It's stated that it's needed on the interview notice, even though I think only if the sponsor is a USC by birth (my wife obviously is a USC by naturalization).
We have the original certificate of naturalization and her US passport as proof of her US citizenship, but just in case she translated it and she declared at the bottom that she's competent to translate from Russian to English.
Do we need to get it notarized tomorrow morning or is it fine just signed by her? I had mine done by the Italian Consulate in New York.

sarrebal said:
Thanks.
I am just done translating (well, she did) my wife's birth certificate, a nice Soviet Union one in cyrillic.

It's stated that it's needed on the interview notice, even though I think only if the sponsor is a USC by birth (my wife obviously is a USC by naturalization).
We have the original certificate of naturalization and her US passport as proof of her US citizenship, but just in case she translated it and she declared at the bottom that she's competent to translate from Russian to English.
Do we need to get it notarized tomorrow morning or is it fine just signed by her? I had mine done by the Italian Consulate in New York.

If you have a chance to run by a notary, do it, but I do not think this is really necessary. So if you have the time, great(if nothing else, it's one less thing to worry about, right?), but otherwise relax --- US passport and naturalization certificate should be fine.

Again, good luck. I am pretty sure you'll be fine.

pianoplayer said:
If you have a chance to run by a notary, do it, but I do not think this is really necessary. So if you have the time, great(if nothing else, it's one less thing to worry about, right?), but otherwise relax --- US passport and naturalization certificate should be fine.

Again, good luck. I am pretty sure you'll be fine.

Well, there's a Citibank right off the parkway where the DO is, so I think we'll stop by.
We plan to go earlier anyways. She has an annoying law school class in the afternoon so we're trying to be back in Manhattan as soon as we can.

sarrebal said:
Well, there's a Citibank right off the parkway where the DO is, so I think we'll stop by.
We plan to go earlier anyways. She has an annoying law school class in the afternoon so we're trying to be back in Manhattan as soon as we can.

Well you know those annoying law school classes....I am curious which one it is?

pianoplayer said:
Well you know those annoying law school classes....I am curious which one it is?

I have no idea. She's a 3L so it must be one of those small ones....but she refused to take M&A and Immigration, in which I might have helped.
Plus, I'm a finance guy, we don't like all those regulations... :D :D

sarrebal said:
I have no idea. She's a 3L so it must be one of those small ones....but she refused to take M&A and Immigration, in which I might have helped.
Plus, I'm a finance guy, we don't like all those regulations... :D :D

He he! Anyway --- good luck on the interview and the law school class! It's a pity you can't go celebrate(hopefully) immediately afterwards! Go after class.

pianoplayer said:
He he! Anyway --- good luck on the interview and the law school class! It's a pity you can't go celebrate(hopefully) immediately afterwards! Go after class.
Well....for my wife is not even the most important interview of the day.
She has a phone interview with a big firm from Hong Kong at 9:30pm tomorrow, so let's say she's not really focused on the AOS interview. Good for her.