A# is different?

lamar

Registered Users (C)
I just found out that my A# on my I485 is different from my I-140 and other previous documents. Is this a problem?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by a moderator:
lamar said:
I just found out that my A# on my I485 is different from my I-140 and other previous documents. Is any people know is this a problem?

When did you first get an A#? I've never heard of it being assigned prior to an I-140.

different A#?

Yes, you are right. I mean I have the same one for I140 and AP, but different one for I485. I really don't know if this caused my trouble or not since my case was filed in 01/16/2004 and has not been touched since then.

Thanks in advance

Please check

From my understanding, A3 remains the same for individual as its the alien number.

you might want to check it with the customer service. Please update all what u find out as it would benefit others too in case they face the same.

regards

Hello:

I had one A# on I-140 and then a different one on I-485 receipt. When I contacted my lawyer, they spoke to INS (in the good old days when they could speak directly to TSC) and was told that my earlier A# was assigned to someone else and that I need to be using the A# on the I-485. I have my GC now and it did not create any problem. It took 37 months,however, after I-485 filing that I got my GC.

I think you should have your attorney check with UCSIS and at least inform them of the 2 A #s. good luck.

Gkhan.

My A# on 485 and EAD/AP are different, talked to lawyer, she supposely talked to INS and told me that my E# is the one on EAD/AP, it was a typo on 485. I am not comfortable with the situation, but have no choise anyway. The lawyer is company provided, so she is not very helpful, and I can't really push her for more information. I guess I will have to wait and see.

ND: 05/2002
FP:???

My lawyer talked to INS

Thanks all for your kind replies. My lawyer talked to INS and found out the two A#s are all belong to me. They are going to consolidate them when INS starts to process my case. The problem is my ND is 01/2002, and it still has not been assigned to an officer yet. And also I applied my AP on 01/2003 and it is still pending. My FP will be expired in the middle of this month (July). It looks like I am going to have another FP later.

Thanks all again.