A few queries about the B-2 Visa

BloodBowler

1. When you apply for a B2 is your lack of a job and/or property going to cause them to think you will not return, or will it make it more difficult at the interview to prove you will return?

2. How long can we expect to wait from applying for the Visa to being able to enter?

3. When on a B2, what would be a good reason for an extension of stay, how long would it take to file for and would this time count against your extended time? I.E. If the extension is for 3 months and it takes 1 month to complete, would I only have 2 months remaining?

Many thanks in advance for reading and helping,

BloodBowler.

Last edited by a moderator:
A1: Most likely. It depends on the applican't citizenship too.
A2: no one can speculate that. If the applicant gets stuck in the namecheck process, the wait could be months.
A3: It has to be a genuine emergency.

1. When you apply for a B2 is your lack of a job and/or property going to cause them to think you will not return, or will it make it more difficult at the interview to prove you will return?

2. How long can we expect to wait from applying for the Visa to being able to enter?

3. When on a B2, what would be a good reason for an extension of stay, how long would it take to file for and would this time count against your extended time? I.E. If the extension is for 3 months and it takes 1 month to complete, would I only have 2 months remaining?