A few general questions on the Application Process

champ1979

Registered Users (C)
I married a US Citizen in Nov. 2005 and am beginning to apply for my green card right now--didn't do it earlier simply due to procrastination! I'd really like to finish the application process before the new fee schedule starts at the end of this month. I'm overwhelmed with so much information and instructions on the forms and was hoping that some of you could help me out. I already browsed through most of the forum topics and I believe these are not repeat questions. If they are, my apologies, and I'd be happy if you just point out the link to the relevant posts. To start with, I just have a few basic questions:

1. Can I mail all the forms (the entire package) to one address, all in one package? I understand it's the Chicago lockbox facility?

2. I'm currently on an H1-B visa, which is valid till May 2008. I would like to have the option of traveling outside the country. My question is, do I need to apply for Travel Permission (I-131) or can I simply use my H1-B? The thing is I plan to apply for my EAD (I-765) as I'd like the option of being able to change jobs. I heard that once the EAD is approved, my H1-B becomes invalid. Hence, my question.

3. Another Travel question: Once my green card is approved, can I travel freely with just the card? Or do I need to apply for Re-entry permit through the I-131?

4. My wife's the US citizen, and I'm the foreign spouse. But I'm the one with the job. So for the affidavit of support, is it as simple as filling out the I-864 as well as the I-864 A? I don't need a co-sponsor right?

5. In the form I-485, in part 3B, it asks to list my present wife. And obviously, I'm listing my wife (who's the US citizen petitioner). There's a box that asks if the person is "Applying with you?". Is the answer "yes" or "no"? i.e.,
is the petitioner also considered as one who is "applying"?

6. What are the general rules for fields that are nor applicable. Some forms request to put "N/A" and others request to put "None". I also saw some sample forms online, on which they have simply left some fields blank. There are some scenarios where there is a master field and several sub-fields. And when the master field is not applicable, obviously the sub-fields are not applicable too. Is it enough to put "N/A" or "None" in just the master field or do I need to say "N/A" in all sub-fields too. So, I was wondering what the general rule is.

I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but for now this would be a great start for me. Thanks in advance!

I believe these are not repeat questions. If they are, my apologies, and I'd be happy if you just point out the link to the relevant posts.
Why should we do your homework for you, wasting our time to look through the posts to point you to the answers? They are repeated questions.

1. Can I mail all the forms (the entire package) to one address, all in one package? I understand it's the Chicago lockbox facility?
this question is covered at least three times a week.

2. if you plan to leave your employer and use EAD, then get AP.

3. you can travel with GC for up to a year, you need a reentry permit for trips exceeding a year.

4. My wife's the US citizen, and I'm the foreign spouse. But I'm the one with the job. So for the affidavit of support, is it as simple as filling out the I-864 as well as the I-864 A? I don't need a co-sponsor right?
read the instructions to I-864 VERY CAREFULLY.

5. no, she is not applying with you.

6. Is it enough to put "N/A" or "None" in just the master field
yes