A Collegaue welcoms you from Turkey.

No Title

Dear Madhu,

If you checked with your Board of Pharmacy and know the procedures to work as a pharmacist in MA, there is no porblem. H-1 visa submit is over for 2000 but don`t worry. After this october they`re opening a new quote as to my knoledge which is 200.000 H-1 visas. So after you take FPGEE, talk with every pharmacy and pharmacist. We have some examples that people are taken H-1 visa for their intern. So keep the faith study for FPGEE, your main goal should be that.
And if you would like to give some information, how do you study for FPGEE?

Best regards,
Leyla

No Title

Hi Folks!

i would like know the opportunites for a person having master\'s in
pharmacy? will he able to find an employer willing to sponsor H1-B visa? what would be the pay for an entry level job?

Thanks
mettu

No Title

Good question :)
Dear Mettu,

As I mentioned on my previous posts, there are losts of job opprtunities from the biotechnology and the pharmaceuticaks with people having a MS in pharmacy.
You may want to check some job-search engines before you decide and you will definitely see the job opportunities yourself.. H-1 visa is easier to get if you have MS. As not many people find the opprtunity to do MS in pharmacy. They need you. As to the Professor of UNI.OF IL, CHICAGO at Pharmacy. She points out that the graduates from MS in pharmacy start with 70`s. Which is a real good money as you would think, too.

But still you never know and also , for the H-1 visa concern the most important thing is to catch the quaotes about the H-1. Like if you are garduated in september let`s say, that`s a good timing as the quotes are open, again every year on October so you can easily apply for H-1 visa and get it.

Good luck,
Leyla

No Title

Dear Leyla,
          Thanks for your support.I\'m preparing for FPGEE from Morriscody material,pharmacy review by Leon shargel,FPGEE guide by Rudman\'s and from other pharmacy textbooks.
 bye,
 Madhu.

No Title

Dear Leyla,
          Thanks for your support.I\'m preparing for FPGEE from Morriscody material,pharmacy review by Leon shargel,FPGEE guide by Rudman\'s and from other pharmacy textbooks.
 bye,
 Madhu.

No Title

Hi there,

I am writing to share my experiences abt going on H-1 after Fpgee. I do understand that it is hard to find positions where employers
are willing to sponsor candidates for H-1 position. This is partly because of 2 reasons.

1. Internship is a temp position. Once you complete the required hours you are going to look for a different place to work. So they hesitate to take candidates.

2. It is mandatory that the employer now has to pay 500 dollars woth every H-1 petition which goes to a fund for training U.S graduates. Are they willing to spend that???? Not many.

The purpose of this posting is not to discourage anyone, but to bring to light the situation. But keep trying hard. I found an employer who was willing to sponsor me and Manage to get a H-1 has an Intern. this was in NY state.

Another suggestion that comes to my mind is that in this day and age where there is huge pharmacist shortage, Why do you all approach individual Pharmacies, go the Head offices of chain drug stores or call the recruiters there and tell them your situation and that you will be willing to continue to work with them as Pharmacists after Licensure with the same company. It si surely worth a shot. It might take a little hard work to convince them, But only they realise they will know that it is a huge market that can be tapped to their advantage. and ours also in turn.

Well I shared my 2 cents of thought. Hope it helps. FPGEE canditates dont let this worry you. Concentrate on the exams and remember that you have to pass the exam for all this to happen and this comes around only once a year.

Regards

Ramesh.

No Title

Dear Ramesh:

Tks for the information. I\'m yet to hear from NABP reg. FPGEE and in the neanwhile would like to get a job.

Can I get an Intern Permit from any state Board of Pharmacy? I understand from the postings here that it\'s possible. Pls inform the procedure for obtaining an Intern Permit.

No Title

I finished my pharmacy graduation in MMC chennai.1990.
I want to write FPGEE.If any body can give me book or study material
I will be really glad
My e-mail is radhair@hotmail.com

fpgee

hi
heard many comprehensive reviews from u.
i ma in virginia,planning to write fpgee in dec 2005
i knew from these forums that maryland doesnt need fpgee certificate for practising,is it true acc to ur knowledge.
is it easy to go on for fpgee,does it require long hrs prepartion.
kindly suggest.
pujitha.

QUOTE=Leyla Arkan]Dear Leewa,

As to my knowledge most of the states don`t require FPGEE certification to start for internship. You don`t have to pass before you start doing your internship. And also most of the pharmacies, because they have to have a number of intern at their pharmacies, offer H-1 to foreign pharmacist intern candidates. I would suggest to go for the pharmacies and talk them face to face. Most pharmacist even some people found thier internships though online job resources at their own countires. I`ve talked with the state board at differnet states they also give you a list of pharmacies around the place you are. So don`t give up just contunie looking for it.

Hope to hear good news,
Leyla[/QUOTE]