A Chinese businesswoman was severely beaten by Homeland Security officer

LIBDAY said:
Milko,

For once, we agreed-- Let's talk about facts and not engage in personal slander (bear in mind you are the one who has called me a cop and accused others of over-generalization and putting words in your mouth).

The fact is that Mr. Rhodes has a prior track record of using excessive force, according to the law firm that represents the victim. The fact is that Mr. Rhodes kept beating her up after she clearly stated that she had a valid passport and B-1 visa. The fact is that the details of the beating are described by other patrol guards who have the good conscience to tell the truth. The fact is that the DA's office gathered enough evidence to press charges against Mr. Rhodes. If bias has nothing to do with your attitude, at least make an effort to learn more about the facts before you pass on judgement.

Please take a look at the picture in the attached link and tell me in good consience this is not police brutality.

http://www.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.php?SubID=news&MsgID=15724

The link is in Chinese. :(

Cole said:
You think anybody would care aobut you?! You must have overestimated yourself. I suggest you to keep an appropriate profile and be a member--but not a bossy one--of this comunity. Remember you know no more than the others. You got it??

First of all, if you want a dialogue, try at least to stick to my questions and come up with some answers.
This forum like anyone else is for a particular purpose and not really about individuals. I do have the luxury to overestimate myself, especially if the estimate is from you! I do not need your suggestions; you are losing your time on this one. Finally I think I know much more than almost anybody here in this forum; by example, by experience, by my life in the US and elsewhere. So my suggestion is "do not go to parties uninvited, especially when I am there". You can criticise peoples' posts and views with valid arguments, you can provide a positive contribution and enlightment, open a thread on civil rights or anything immigration related, but not self-appraisals. You are not anybody's manager here! How can you say that I know no more than the others? Did you go over my social resume? Just know one thing: I came to the US in January 1980. Picture yourself where you were and what you learnt from there. I would be more than happy to run a comparison if there is any need and IF I FEEL LIKE IT. Now I got it, indeed!

who cares!

who cares when you came to the US; who cares what you experienced; and, who cares those of your dumpy braggings!!

cinta said:
First of all, if you want a dialogue, try at least to stick to my questions and come up with some answers.
This forum like anyone else is for a particular purpose and not really about individuals. I do have the luxury to overestimate myself, especially if the estimate is from you! I do not need your suggestions; you are losing your time on this one. Finally I think I know much more than almost anybody here in this forum; by example, by experience, by my life in the US and elsewhere. So my suggestion is "do not go to parties uninvited, especially when I am there". You can criticise peoples' posts and views with valid arguments, you can provide a positive contribution and enlightment, open a thread on civil rights or anything immigration related, but not self-appraisals. You are not anybody's manager here! How can you say that I know no more than the others? Did you go over my social resume? Just know one thing: I came to the US in January 1980. Picture yourself where you were and what you learnt from there. I would be more than happy to run a comparison if there is any need and IF I FEEL LIKE IT. Now I got it, indeed!

Cole said:
who cares when you came to the US; who cares what you experienced; and, who cares those of your dumpy braggings!!

I CARE AND THAT IS ENOUGH FOR ME. NOW GO TAKE A HIKE AND GIVE ADVICE TO OTHER THREADS. I SPENT ENOUGH TIME WITH YOU, MORE THAN YOU ACTUALLY DESERVED. AND IF NEED BE TO MAKE A STATEMENT OR TAKE A STANCE AGAIN, I WOULD NOT CERTAINLY CONSIDER YOUR SLANDERS, LIKES OR DISLIKES AND CARES!

Note1: You were not invited into this thread nor you posted anything relevant to the discussion. We do not need referees baby! We can handle any discussion on our own and close it the way we want, as deemed appropriate, given the circumstances. So stop barking like a dog and concentrate on your immigration problems and make positive contributions for the community at large.

Note2: In fact I did a quick search on you and your threads, it looks like you were a beneficiary of my threads and research and answers. I think you cared then and got some education on "Security Checks".

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=95941&page=2

Note3: On a subsequent search of all your threads (2 pages) and posts revealed that 99% of them are just useless, questions and chatter! You have a lot of ways to go. Some of them did not even get a single answer from anybody!

Note4: A search of the "Complaint" forums, where the lawsuit is being discussed in so many different ways and contributions revealed the following: Posts by "Cole" = ZERO. Congratulations on all your contributions!
http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=208

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Ridge apologizes

According to a Chinese language website, Tom Ridge has apologized for the incident and promised a full scale investigation. The officer in question has been suspended and may be charged with aggravated assault, a felony charge. I hope we can end the bickerings regarding this topic on this note.

This is the reason we all want to live here in this country as this would never happen in a totalitarian regime. After all, the government is responsive to the people and has the guts to admit its mistakes. Hope something positive can come out of this incident w/r/t backloged I-485 cases.