A# changed during the process..but how

nikbuds

Registered Users (C)
Hello Gurus,

please help me solve the mystery.

when i first applied for my 485/EAD/AP , i got all the receipts with the same A# ( say for discussion A1 ).

Now when i received my EAD and AP 3 months later, they both didnot have A1, but instead they both had another A# (say A2)

I didnt notice the different A# and from that point on, for all purposes i used A2 (like address change and for Finger printing ).

there must be a link from A2 to A1 because during my FP i put A2 there and now my online I-485 (which has A1 on the receipt notice ) case status says 'pending review of Finger Printing' .

please help me understand whats going on..and which A# should i stick to..

many thanks in advance

call the 1800 number and try to resolve this. Whether it is A1 or A2 your file should have only one A#.Make sure that both A# are recorded in your file and a special note recording that either A1 or A2 is the final number assigned to you...

you the man. i did call the 800 number ( always ask to talk to a immigration officer and dont talk to the customer service rep who answers as they have very limited and sometimes wrong info). i spoke to the Immigration Officer and they verified that the A1 on the receipts is incorrect and one on the EAD and AP (A2) issued to me is correct...

so i need to just use A2 for all future references.

I also asked whats the difference between A95XXXX and 095XXX, they just said that we could use either, they always put a 0 before the number and either one is fine.

So all in all my EAD and AP issued is correct and the 485 receipt notice has the wrong A#.

1.) Do i need to write to TSC about this, ( the immigration officer verified that all my pending and approved applications were linked to the right A#). But if i need to travel abroad or send in the 485 receipt for EAD renewal and AP then it will have the wrong A# on it.... should i write to TSC to get a replacement Receipt notice ? or is it going to delay my case.?

thanks very much in advance.

better write to TSC in cover letter when you apply EAD or AP and explain that A# on I-485 reciept is diffrent and attach the I-485 and all reciepts copies