8/31 Applications - Chicago DO

eo23

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

If you are applying for your US citizenship tomorrow August 31st, please join this thread and write about your timeline and experiences.

I am sending my application to the Nebraska Service Center tomorrow and will pay for shipping to have it overnighted September 1st.

My district office is Chicago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Timeline

-----------

8-31-06: Application Sent
9-01-06: Application Received
9-07-06: Checks Cashed

Last edited by a moderator:
eo23 said:
Timeline

-----------

8-31-06: Application Sent
9-01-06: Application Received
9-07-06: Checks Cashed
hey, i send out my application around the same date you did. My FD was september 20th, 2006. I called the fbi number and they said teh fingerprints were ok, dont need to get them redone and that they sent back the prints to immigration that same day. hopefully interview notice comes soon.

my timeline --chicago, nebraska

pd: 09/05/2006
noa: 09/15/2006
fd: 09/20/2006

tderev1 said:
hey, i send out my application around the same date you did. My FD was september 20th, 2006. I called the fbi number and they said teh fingerprints were ok, dont need to get them redone and that they sent back the prints to immigration that same day. hopefully interview notice comes soon.

my timeline --chicago, nebraska

pd: 09/05/2006
noa: 09/15/2006
fd: 09/20/2006

Sounds good, which number did you call for the FBI? I need to call and make sure as well. Which service center did you go to?

If it is the Pulaski one then we were there obviously the same day but different times. Keep me posted.

Found the number and called them as well. FP were processed and cleared and sent back to USCIS on the same day. Hopefully the interview letter will come soon.

Keep me posted on your end as well.

Phone number

So you found the phone number, but you did'nt mention it on the form. What is the number?

From what I recall, calling FBI a while back, they don't tell you if it is cleared or not, except that they send it to USCIS the same day.

NoJob said:
So you found the phone number, but you did'nt mention it on the form. What is the number?

From what I recall, calling FBI a while back, they don't tell you if it is cleared or not, except that they send it to USCIS the same day.

Yes that is correct. FP's ARE DIFFERENT FROM THE NAME CHECK, they will tell you whether the former has cleared and sent back but they CANNOT disclose whether your name check has been cleared.

Here is the number:

304-625-5590.

Let me know once you call them and keep me posted.

NoJob said:

By the way, how did you know that your name check is pending? Through an infopass appointment? Let me know.

finger prints cleared

eo23,

I called the number above and FBI told me that my finger prints were successfully completed and returned back to USCIS same day. And I also know that IBIS is also good based on my conversation with NSC person last week. So now only think from security background standpoint remains is the Name Check.

NoJob said:
eo23,

I called the number above and FBI told me that my finger prints were successfully completed and returned back to USCIS same day. And I also know that IBIS is also good based on my conversation with NSC person last week. So now only think from security background standpoint remains is the Name Check.

NoJob,

Thats good to hear. Honestly, I think the only way to know whether there is a name check pending is to get an infopass appointment. It is difficult to presume anything if nobody has not told you so. However if you feel that your interview letter has been delayed and should have arrived by now then an infopass would be a good idea.

I will schedule an infopass sometime in November regardless since the spots fill up quickly. Keep me posted.

By the way, whats your District Office?

finger print experience

My fingerprint appointment is in NYC Varick Street office. Appointment at 11am, arrived at 10:30. The staffs are very friendly and extremely efficient (in fact, there was no line). I finished fingerprint in 15 mins, got out at 10:45, 15 min before my appointment time.

Out of curiosity -- how many days did you all wait before calling up the FBI number to check the finigerprint clearance?

my dates (D/O: NYC)
submit N400 - 8/31/06
receipt date - 9/5/06
priority date - 9/5/06
checks cashed - 9/7/06
notice date - 9/12/06
received receipt notice - 9/18/06
fp notice date - 9/14/06
received fp notice - 9/20/06
fp appointment - 9/25/06
interview- xx/xx/xx

wooying said:
My fingerprint appointment is in NYC Varick Street office. Appointment at 11am, arrived at 10:30. The staffs are very friendly and extremely efficient (in fact, there was no line). I finished fingerprint in 15 mins, got out at 10:45, 15 min before my appointment time.

Out of curiosity -- how many days did you all wait before calling up the FBI number to check the finigerprint clearance?

my dates (D/O: NYC)
submit N400 - 8/31/06
receipt date - 9/5/06
priority date - 9/5/06
checks cashed - 9/7/06
notice date - 9/12/06
received receipt notice - 9/18/06
fp notice date - 9/14/06
received fp notice - 9/20/06
fp appointment - 9/25/06
interview- xx/xx/xx

To be on the safe side, call them tomorrow so that they have ample time to send it back to USCIS. Keep us posted with the interview letter since we are all in the same boat now waiting patiently.

Which number to call for checking FP Status

Greetings All:

I just had my FP done today from Kansas City DO. Can anyone help me - I had 60% clearly visible - will this be a problem ?

Also which number to call to check from FBI the status ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Haresh

N 400 recieved 9/6/06
FP Notice recieved 9/18/06
FP Appt 9/25/06

Waiting for next steps.

Best regards
Haresh

name check

eo23, I had called USCIS at their 1-800 number twice, and both times, they said it is in the Name Check clearance pending stage.

The last guys before completely looking at the screen, said, the next stage is interview. Then he said, well, you would have to wait, because it is now pending name check clearance.

I figured why go through InfoPass, when they'll probably say the same thing. However, if this continues for couple of months, then I'll schedule an InfoPass meeting. Maybe with some hope they'll give schedule an interview before NC, but I don't keep my hopes high on this because of their internal memo on scheduling interviews.

FBI number to call for Finger Printing status

Harish,

304-625-5590 for FBI finger printing status check, obtained from eo23 post..scroll up and you'll see it.

Hi there!

I would not rely on the 1-800 information. They tried to tell me in February that USCIS would never issue receipt notices for N-400s. Plus, they might not have access to the same kind of information (DO vs. 1-800 number). Before I went to my last InfoPass appointment, I called the 1-800 number 30 minutes before driving to the DO. Over the phone, they said my name check was still pending. When I got to the DO, they said my name check had cleared 9/8/06 and I should wait for the oath letter...an hour later, I left the DO with said letter. I am a U.S. citizen since last Friday ;-).

Long story short: you might come back from your InfoPass with 'name check pending', but maybe you are as lucky as I was. If the DO is not too far away, I would say schedule an appointment.

Cheers!

Legal

LegalAlien99 said:
Hi there!

I would not rely on the 1-800 information. They tried to tell me in February that USCIS would never issue receipt notices for N-400s. Plus, they might not have access to the same kind of information (DO vs. 1-800 number). Before I went to my last InfoPass appointment, I called the 1-800 number 30 minutes before driving to the DO. Over the phone, they said my name check was still pending. When I got to the DO, they said my name check had cleared 9/8/06 and I should wait for the oath letter...an hour later, I left the DO with said letter. I am a U.S. citizen since last Friday ;-).

Long story short: you might come back from your InfoPass with 'name check pending', but maybe you are as lucky as I was. If the DO is not too far away, I would say schedule an appointment.

Cheers!

Legal

Sounds good, so essentially scheduling an infopass is the safest way to find out whether there is a name check pending issue or not on one's case. To be honest, I am surprised the people in the 1-800 number were able to give you such name check information since the lady at the FBI told me that this was not public information and callers are not privy to it.

Infopass will likely be much more reliable and safe.

Thanks LegalAlien99... well I guess it's.... Thanks LegalCitizen06 ;)

I'll setup an InfoPASS. Do you think it's too early for an InfoPass, or should I wait couple of months?