8/14 - eventful in a bad way

my details

H1B: Jan 2000
Labor1: EB3 (India) PD Sep 11 2001
Labor2: EB3 (India) PD Nov 22 2002
I-140: RD: Jan 29 2004 AD: July 26 2004
I-485: RD: Jan 29 2004
FP1: Nov 13 2004
FP2: Jul 24, 2007 (after numerous calls to TSC to get FP2 and one wrong address notice)
Transfer VSC-->> TSC : Mar 02 2007 (Transfer)
I485 LUD: Mar 07 2007( VSC-TSC transfer); Mar 09 2007(pending at TSC), July 24 2007 (2 1/2 hours after FP2 - VSC-TSC transfer message), Jul 25 (pending at TSC), Aug 14 (notice undeliverable), Aug 15 (notice mailed again)

Senator letter sent Jul 12, 2007
numerous calls to TSC IO and 3 SRs through 1800#

istrategist, first please post your details..

Letter to senator sent July 12, got a boiler plate response that they will follow up on my behalf.

Call up their office and talk to someone. Typically one of their offices deals with immigration issues. So once you find out which one, you can call them up and ask to speak to someone. Also, they typically require a privacy waiver form from you before they can enquire about your case. Not sure if you sent that in, but it's something you should be aware of.

yep

marooned42, I did send in the privacy waiver forms for self and spouse with my letter and copies of 485 receipt notices.
I have been trying to reach the immigration person at the senators office yesterday and today, but only get a ringing phone with no response. Will keep trying.

I've wanted a GC for peace of mind (not being dependent on a job to stay in this country), but this process is far from that. In the past few weeks have seriously started considering if it is worth what I'm going through to get it.

Call up their office and talk to someone. Typically one of their offices deals with immigration issues. So once you find out which one, you can call them up and ask to speak to someone. Also, they typically require a privacy waiver form from you before they can enquire about your case. Not sure if you sent that in, but it's something you should be aware of.

H1B: Jan 2000
Labor1: EB3 (India) PD Sep 11 2001
Labor2: EB3 (India) PD Nov 22 2002
I-140: RD: Jan 29 2004 AD: July 26 2004
I-485: RD: Jan 29 2004
FP1: Nov 13 2004
FP2: Jul 24, 2007 (after numerous calls to TSC to get FP2 and one wrong address notice)
Transfer VSC-->> TSC : Mar 02 2007 (Transfer)
I485 LUD: Mar 07 2007( VSC-TSC transfer); Mar 09 2007(pending at TSC), July 24 2007 (2 1/2 hours after FP2 - VSC-TSC transfer message), Jul 25 (pending at TSC), Aug 14 (notice undeliverable), Aug 15 (notice mailed again)

Senator letter sent Jul 12, 2007
numerous calls to TSC IO and 3 SRs through 1800#

istrategist, it looks like if you didnt have any of these address change issues, you should be getting the approval about this time..( from all the approvals, I have been following since June 07 ) it could be that they have already a visa number for you, but since a few IOs cannot process thousands of applicants at the same time, i would think, a few months plus or minus is possible...

so i would pursue the mail / address situation aggressively...( I know, this really is not your fault ) but first, make sure you go to Infopass with stamped FP notice - serves proof of your FP - also let them know about your conversation with FBI..

Story 1

Same crap happened to me...I also talked with an IO at TSC on 08/15/07 around 10-10.30 am. The officer told me the same story, they have not received my FP, it is marked in some of their data sheet that my FP is missing and that is what is holding up the case...When I informed her that I already took the FP in may 2007, she told me to take the FP notice to ASC on SATURDAY and tell them to upload it.

Hearing this I was all thrilled assuming that my approval is around the corner..requested immediately for a day off with the manager, went to the ASC on same day...

The manager at ASC was very helpful, she took my stamped FP notice and ID. went inside and came back after 15-20 min. she told my FP is uploaded and everything is in the system correct in all the ways!!! she again searched the system to see if biometrics is there.., replied that the biometrics took on 2005 is there. She tried to help me in all the ways. Then advised me to contact the congress man for more help.

Story 2

Came back home called the TSC story tellers again, this time it was simple enough. FPs are all good, name check is pending.

Lesson Learned:

Never belive the IOs they are bunch of craps...good for nothing!! Wasted my one vacation day for nothing!!!

after a sleepless night last night, I receive emails this morning saying that the documents were resent to address on file on Aug 14. So how come they didn't tell me that on Aug 14?

Anyway, called TSC IO and got thru after 45 mins hold time. She asked for my receipt # and asked when I last called - I said over a month ago. She immediately asked me if I did FP - I said yes, on July 24. She said the results were not uploaded so they did not know if I did it or not, and I should go to the same service center on saturday (she said no other day, only saturday) and take the stamped notice (showing I had done FP) and ask them to send the results or do it again. She asked how far it was from my home, and I told her about 60 miles each way. She then said she would send email requesting upload and then typed it out for self and added spouse to that. She said to check again in 10 days and if they have not received it, to then go to the ASC. I asked her what the document was, she said we have been doing that all this while and <click>

Last edited by a moderator:
1victim...

thanks for your suggestion - I have an infopass appt next friday at Newark (since I will be on the west coast till Thu next week), and the San Jose infopass was not fruitful. Will follow up on that.

My theory:
I have been trying to research this on my own, and my guess is that that FPs often take time to get uploaded - anywhere about 2 months (which may explain LUDs that happen 6 - 8 weeks after FP) followed by approval in the next few days or weeks. There are very few cases where people got approved relatively quickly though.

In my case, my FP notice was supposed to have been sent out in April, for FP in May, but neither my lawyer nor I received it. After numerous calls to TSC IO, I got FPs scheduled for July and did them July 24. Looks like mid-August was 90 days since my original FP and they don't know that I did my FP on July 24, and maybe the document they've mailed is a NOID since I did not do FPs.

But that's my theory. I hope someone can either poke holes in it or confirm it based on their experience.

Right now, while I try to fix this address thing and get prepared for writing to the Ombudsman, I'm wondering if this will be of any use since the Sept visa bull... says that I won't have any visa # as EB3 India...

istrategist, it looks like if you didnt have any of these address change issues, you should be getting the approval about this time..( from all the approvals, I have been following since June 07 ) it could be that they have already a visa number for you, but since a few IOs cannot process thousands of applicants at the same time, i would think, a few months plus or minus is possible...

so i would pursue the mail / address situation aggressively...( I know, this really is not your fault ) but first, make sure you go to Infopass with stamped FP notice - serves proof of your FP - also let them know about your conversation with FBI..

looks like...

... we had the same IO at TSC :) She told me something very similar. BTW, did you do your FP in Newark NJ? I was wondering if I'd be let in at Newark ASC for following up with the FPs, because when we tried going in the saturday before my FP the lady hitler on the first floor refused to let us in...

Story 1

Same crap happened to me...I also talked with an IO at TSC on 08/15/07 around 10-10.30 am. The officer told me the same story, they have not received my FP, it is marked in some of their data sheet that my FP is missing and that is what is holding up the case...When I informed her that I already took the FP in may 2007, she told me to take the FP notice to ASC on SATURDAY and tell them to upload it.

Hearing this I was all thrilled assuming that my approval is around the corner..requested immediately for a day off with the manager, went to the ASC on same day...

The manager at ASC was very helpful, she took my stamped FP notice and ID. went inside and came back after 15-20 min. she told my FP is uploaded and everything is in the system correct in all the ways!!! she again searched the system to see if biometrics is there.., replied that the biometrics took on 2005 is there. She tried to help me in all the ways. Then advised me to contact the congress man for more help.

Story 2

Came back home called the TSC story tellers again, this time it was simple enough. FPs are all good, name check is pending.

Lesson Learned:

Never belive the IOs they are bunch of craps...good for nothing!! Wasted my one vacation day for nothing!!!

I did not do it at NJ, but I was allowed to get in using the stamped FP notice, it is a small ASC at PA...Please let me know if you find out that there is some issue with FP uploading..

... we had the same IO at TSC :) She told me something very similar. BTW, did you do your FP in Newark NJ? I was wondering if I'd be let in at Newark ASC for following up with the FPs, because when we tried going in the saturday before my FP the lady hitler on the first floor refused to let us in...

called TSC 8/17

And got a nice lady who seemed willing to listen and help. She said that our FPs were expired. I told her that we had done our FPs on 7/24. She said that they had no record of that, and said that was an upload problem. She opened an "ADP" (whatever that is) for us to see if they could get the biometrics uploaded and said it takes about 10 days for that to happen.
Contrary to the the SR request response that kicked this thread off, she said that our checks were all clear and completed, and were waiting for the biometrics.
However the case was not assigned to an officer.
She confirmed that they had the correct address on file, and had no idea why something came back if we've not moved

Now to wait to see what the "undeliverable" notice is...

"undeliverable notice" turned out to be FP2 notice for the same date and time as the one we received in July and completed on July 24.
Called TSC today, she said if it is same date and time, ignore it as it was probably an error. I asked her to confirm if they received our FP2s since I was told they were not available, she asked for my A# and said they received FPs done on July 24. Replies to my other questions were "not assigned to officer", "no visa # assigned, wait till Oct 1"

SHOOT ! what an unnecessary pain... i dont remember but have you kept an eye on your LUDs everyday ? if you havent please do, I think if FP is received, LUD should change...

anyways bottomline is you are on right track... (atleast not a freaky RFE )

Replies to my other questions were "not assigned to officer", "no visa # assigned, wait till Oct 1"

DONT BELIEVE THAT FOR A MIN... trust me, thats bull...

LUDs

day of FP2 and day after that. next ones were undeliverable on 8/14, 8/15, and one today after speaking with IO

SHOOT ! what an unnecessary pain... i dont remember but have you kept an eye on your LUDs everyday ? if you havent please do, I think if FP is received, LUD should change...

anyways bottomline is you are on right track... (atleast not a freaky RFE )

DONT BELIEVE THAT FOR A MIN... trust me, thats bull...

update

we went for an infopass yesterday morning and were told that everything seems clear and FPs were received so we could ignore the second FP notices. The IO was especially helpful and looked up our background check info and told us when it was cleared without us asking her. I then showed her the SR request dated Aug 1, saying that my background checks were still in process, and she said it had to be wrong, because it is all clear.

She said that while visa numbers are not available, in some cases some cases already had visa numbers requested for them, and if that was the case, we may get approvals before Oct 1. But there was no way she could tell us if that was the case.

Out of my past 3 infopass appointments, this IO was the most helpful, seemed to know what she was doing and not merely reading off the screen.