7th year H4 at Mumbai Consulate

nyjune1

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Has anyone got H4 visa from Mumabi or any other consulate based on spouse's 7th year H1?

Me and my wife were on H1 and working until July '04 when I had to leave US as my 6 years were expiring and my labor was not more than a year old. Now my wife who continued with her job, has got her 7th year extension based on pending labor. Based on her 7th year H1 extension I want to get H4 stamped from Mumbai. Has anyone got 7th year H4 or is the law only for 7th year H1?

Anybody with experience of such a kind at Mumbai Consulate?

Thanks

nyjune1 said:
Hello,

Has anyone got H4 visa from Mumabi or any other consulate based on spouse's 7th year H1?

Me and my wife were on H1 and working until July '04 when I had to leave US as my 6 years were expiring and my labor was not more than a year old. Now my wife who continued with her job, has got her 7th year extension based on pending labor. Based on her 7th year H1 extension I want to get H4 stamped from Mumbai. Has anyone got 7th year H4 or is the law only for 7th year H1?
------ you can get H4 based on your wife 7th year H1 extension approval
Anybody with experience of such a kind at Mumbai Consulate?

Thanks

Normally, there is no problem to get 7th year H4. However, in your case, since you have already completed 6 years on H1, there is good chance of rejection. Because 6 year limit applies to all H visas collectively. So your H4 (if you get) would take you beyond 6 years without satisfying the condition for extension beyond 6 years.