7th year H1 extension

phani8

Registered Users (C)
My visa for U.S.A got expired and i got 7th year H1 extension.I have to get it stamped.But it is taking more then 3 months for stamping.
My Canada Immigration is valid till Oct 14. So now i cannot decide what to do.I will loose my canada PR if i don't go and apply my PR card in Canada by Oct 14.
But i don't have U.S.A visa to come back to this country.?Can you guys suggest what i have to do.
Still my(GC) Federal labor did not cleared.I am waiting to get approved. I do not know how long this will take.

Can i go to Canada and apply my U.S.A visa? Is it possible.

After 9/11 it will be difficult for you to get the visa stamped in Canada.
The only way out for you will be to land in Canada as an Immigrant, get your Card/papers , and then return to your home country for the US visa stamping. Then you can return to the US. You will be able to buy an extra year for continuing your GC here in the US. You will have to return to Canada after one year though, because of the PR requirements. I think you have to be in Canada of 3 out of 5 years to keep your PR.

Try to clarify with a good lawyer.

Originally posted by katipatang
The only way out for you will be to land in Canada as an Immigrant, get your Card/papers , and then return to your home country for the US visa stamping.

He doesn't need to return to his home country. Once he gets landed status in Canada he can get his stamp in Toronto, and not be considered a Third Country National since he is eligible for processing there.