7th year H1-B Extension

gcgodsmileonme

Registered Users (C)
I am about to complete 6 years of H1-B. My I-140 has been approved but I cannot file for I-485 because of retrogression. I have read hear and there, including Rajiv Khanna's FAQ on retrogression that under such circumstances, i.e I-140 approved but cannot file I-485, it is possible to get a 3 year H1 extension.

Is there truth to it ? Can one get 3 year extension beyond the 6 year limit ? Are there people who have received such an extension ?

Appreciate any info on this.

Thanks for the reply. The one and half years granted is beyond the end of your final NIV ? Can the lawyer specifically ask for an extension longer than the default one year or is it entirely upto USCIS to give whatever the length of extension they see fit ?

gcgodsmileonme said:
I am about to complete 6 years of H1-B. My I-140 has been approved but I cannot file for I-485 because of retrogression. I have read hear and there, including Rajiv Khanna's FAQ on retrogression that under such circumstances, i.e I-140 approved but cannot file I-485, it is possible to get a 3 year H1 extension.
-------------Yes
Is there truth to it ? Can one get 3 year extension beyond the 6 year limit ?
--Yes
Are there people who have received such an extension ?
---yes
Appreciate any info on this.