7th year extension visa revalidation in US

artusa

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My H1 visa has expired on Jan 2003. I have applied for labor in March 2003. I797 approval is till MAY 2004.
Will apply for 7th year extension a little before completion of 365 days in March 2004. For getting a visa stamp on my passport so i can travel in the 7th year - what should i be doing?
I know that visa can be revalidated only if it is within one year after the expiry date. Is this correct?

If so - will I have to leave US to get a visa revalidation and stamping done? Will I have to attend a visa interview outside US?

thx for all help
Atul

:confused:

Hi,
My H1 visa has expired on Jan 2003.
I have applied for labor in March 2003.
I797 approval is till MAY 2004.
Will apply for 7th year extension a little before completion of 365 days in March 2004.
For getting a visa stamp on my passport so i can travel in the 7th year - what should i be doing?

I know that visa can be revalidated only if it is within one year after the expiry date. Is this correct?
---Correct
If so - will I have to leave US to get a visa revalidation and stamping done?
----- You can remain in US and can work with 7th year H1 extension approval, Visa stamp is needed only for travel as you will hit the 1 year expiry of Visa stamp you will not get H1vsa stamp in US from DOS
Will I have to attend a visa interview outside US?
------May be

Thanx for the post ginnu - that helps, I will push my dept to get the damn visa revalidated before the 1 yr expiration.
thx
Art

Will apply for 7th year extension a little before completion of 365 days in March 2004.

------------ I hope Your application should reach USCIS for 7th year H1 after the day you complete 365 days and they need the evidence that LC was filed 365 days back, SESA or SWA receipt that lawyer receives after filling LC that receipt has LC PD, Case# and your name as beneficiary you need the copy of that SESA or SWA receipt if lawyer not received he can ask for receipt from local SESA or SWA any time. Discuss with your lawyer