7th & 8th Year H1 ext issue

Bal_H1Holder

Registered Users (C)
Immigration Gurus, Please help my strange case below

I Recently Joined the B Company and got my 7th Extension on A1 Company Labor Petition Filied (June 2002). since my 7th year extension will end in Aug ’06 but my new company is in the process of doing my green card and they can do in Sep 05 which will be less than 365 day. How will I be able to get extension into 8th year if the PERM Approvals takes a year more to get approved

Bal_H1Holder said:
Immigration Gurus, Please help my strange case below

I Recently Joined the B Company and got my 7th Extension on A1 Company Labor Petition Filied (June 2002). since my 7th year extension will end in Aug ’06 but my new company is in the process of doing my green card and they can do in Sep 05 which will be less than 365 day. How will I be able to get extension into 8th year if the PERM Approvals takes a year more to get approved
You can get your 8th year extn based only on Comp A pending LC. However, your Comp B PERM process will push you to get I 140 /485 before expiry of 8th year if the dates are cu;rrent for your category. GOOD LUCK/

thanks! one more quick question, what if my category is not current for the approved PERM labor. Can I get a 8th year ext based on the approved labor or the 365 days rule apply there too..

Bal_H1Holder said:
thanks! one more quick question, what if my category is not current for the approved PERM labor. Can I get a 8th year ext based on the approved labor or the 365 days rule apply there too..

What is your category? What is your job descriptions?
Will you qualify EB2, if you are EB3 you may not make it to I 485 stage where you need not worry about your H1.