751 VSC Processing time question -

roberto gasta

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I wonder if someone knows, on average, how many
"days of filing" the VSC process;

On the uscis website, the Febr. 15 bullleting shows for the I-751
they are processing MARCH 01 2007 filing, which, as of today MArch 04, is just 1 year behind

Do they process multiple filing days per day?

I filed my I 751 on Sept 19; at this pace, should I expect
an answer by September?

thank you for your opinion

Not many I guess. I have been waiting for 6 months as well. If you get no answer by sep, you can file for citizenship.

I am in the same boat man. Last guy on this website to get approved from VSC was yahyajp on Jan 28th and according to him it took about 5 1/2 months to get approved. But then he also said he applied in July 07 so it counts more like between 6-7 months. VSC is probably the worst right now. I have seen several approvals from california,Texas,Nebraska, but none from vermont. I am looking around end of march begining of april as the days to look out for.
good luck

I am in the same boat man. Last guy on this website to get approved from VSC was yahyajp on Jan 28th and according to him it took about 5 1/2 months to get approved. But then he also said he applied in July 07 so it counts more like between 6-7 months. VSC is probably the worst right now. I have seen several approvals from california,Texas,Nebraska, but none from vermont. I am looking around end of march begining of april as the days to look out for.
good luck

I am same Boat too. My application date is September26. I have seen one or two August Approvals on another website. I think (personal Guess Only) that we all september filler should expect seeing approvals within 15-20 Days...Lets hope for the best

HOw 15- 20 days

Hey Vega and KBF,

IF YOU DONT MIND, lets keep each other posted,

The bulletin for Febr 15 2008 said the I751 is processing

March 01 2007, how come some August filers get approved???

Can someone explain that?

thanks

Hey Vega and KBF,

IF YOU DONT MIND, lets keep each other posted,

thanks

Yep will let you know. Lets keep this topic active and add it to the favorites

I am on board with that. I will let you know when it happens for me.

The bulletin for Febr 15 2008 said the I751 is processing

March 01 2007, how come some August filers get approved???

Can someone explain that?

I have no idea. Its like they shuffle the paperwork and see who's application is on top and they process that or maybe its like let me pick the one's with less headaches and go through with those and fill my daily/monthly quota without working overtime. I ll be happy if they process it within the next month or so. Remember we are talking about the great INS here. There are people who have been stuck in this mess for years and haven't gotten through. I just hope all goes well and whoever picks up my stuff just won a lottery or had a great night with somebody :D

Last edited by a moderator:
For your own health...I wouldn't be checking those dates constantly. It's very annoying that days, weeks and months go by without a news about it. But looking that they are getting more attention on citizenship issues and I-485 are moving, I think we are not on the "priority chain". The file will be review when its comes to do so...and unfortunately that part is not in our control.

My receipt date for I-751 with VSC is September 12, 2007. Biometrics done last October. Still waiting. I use this forum to get processing info. I thought I could post my process so other people might benefit from my info.

There were several people from 07 that there original receipt was from TSC and their cases have been transferred to VSC...so don't know how is going to affec the entire processing time. Files sent mid Dec and up to TSC have been transferred to VSC.

Get ready guys. Things are starting to move I guess at VSC for september filers. a guy in another post (kbf) just got his e-mail. He applied probably a week after me on september 21rst.:)

For your own health...I wouldn't be checking those dates constantly.

I love watching those dates man. This is more fun than fishing!!. You just keep watching it and keep goin bite my line!!! bite my line!!!:D:D

It's not fair people get approved before somebody who submitted their application before them to the same service center. Makes no sense.

It's not fair people get approved before somebody who submitted their application before them to the same service center. Makes no sense.

The whole thing dosen't make sense. The process is way outdated and completely out of control. Like I said before, the IO's probably look at stuff that is easy to go through so they can add another number to their "done" list, first. I think the problem is with the paper dependency. Paper can never be kept in absolute order or in other situations it might just be lost to begin with. Now if this stuff was in a database(your whole file including supporting documents in a scanned format), then you could enforce order and maintain rules like you ain't touching the next one until you are done with this one. but all we can do is hope and pray....

Even if the two cases differ from one another?

Unless there is an absolute hold up because the case requires extra processing, no. But after going through the process yourself, you probably know better than anybody else that it does happen. I mean I have met people who have been stuck for years in this mess because somebody lost their paperwork and never bothered to inform. There are people on this website that filed when I did and have not even gotten a recipt yet without any reasoning from the service center on why is there a delay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Vega1x1, great news!

Officially the CIS bulletin shows they are processing March 2007 but
It would be interesting to know the specific case of the
approved filer (KBF):

Did he applied at VSC originally?
Did he submit any particular/extra documentation?

I know, im paranoid! sorry . Its been almost 3 1/2 years of waiting.

thanks

I don't know if it makes any difference but he did go and got his biometrics done earlier than the date they gave him. Other than that I dont know what he gave them for documents

yes he did.

i got approved 1-28-08. i wrote the vermont center 2 letters asking them if there,s anything extra i should submit.the last letter actually i send it out 2 weeks later and my case was approved.i don,t know if that has some impact on it. try that too

Hey Vega1x1, great news!

Officially the CIS bulletin shows they are processing March 2007 but
It would be interesting to know the specific case of the
approved filer (KBF):

I know, im paranoid! sorry . Its been almost 3 1/2 years of waiting.

thanks

Hello Yahayaajp,

Your advise is very interesting:
Can I ask you, regarding these 2 letters:

why 2 letters and not one? were they different?

How long after the 751 filing did u send them?

I guess it did make a difference in your case as you received
the approval soon after you sent them.

I am temped to send them too, just sometimes I wonder : is taking ACTION
better than UNACTION?.......
I wouldn't want to make CIS upset by putting pressure.........

thank you

i got approved 1-28-08. i wrote the vermont center 2 letters asking them if there,s anything extra i should submit.the last letter actually i send it out 2 weeks later and my case was approved.i don,t know if that has some impact on it. try that too

roberto :

I ain't no expert but I'd be careful with that. Yahayaajp, I belive, applied with a waivier. Who knows if the letters were the cause of his approval or its just that his case was done when he sent those letters. In his case sending letters and pushing may not be that harmful but if you are still married, that might raise the question: "Why is he in such a hurry?" which may cause more problems than solutions. Remember its the USCIS. The last thing you wanna do is to give them any reason whatsoever to pull your case out of the lineup. Next thing you know your paperwork is lost. Just let it run its course and be patient. Yeah if your case had been stuck for more than a year I would be writing letters, calling politians etc. Just my 2 cents....

Yeah you are right Vega,

that is the last thing I want, raise the CIS attention.

I dont' know the specific case of yahayajp,..weird would be if,
with a waiver, he got approved before the others non-waivers....

MaY I ask you a personal opinion Vega, as per your wise advises,
what do you think if I want to buy an investment property?

Me and my wife currently live in Nyc and we found an apartment we want to
invest in, but the mortgage will be on my name only: would that be, good,bad
or neutral to my 751 application?

thank you for your time

roberto :

I ain't no expert but I'd be careful with that. Yahayaajp, I belive, applied with a waivier. Who knows if the letters were the cause of his approval or its just that his case was done when he sent those letters. In his case sending letters and pushing may not be that harmful but if you are still married, that might raise the question: "Why is he in such a hurry?" which may cause more problems than solutions. Remember its the USCIS. The last thing you wanna do is to give them any reason whatsoever to pull your case out of the lineup. Next thing you know your paperwork is lost. Just let it run its course and be patient. Yeah if your case had been stuck for more than a year I would be writing letters, calling politians etc. Just my 2 cents....