6th Year on H1-B still to file for GC, what are my options

sohanpreet

Registered Users (C)
Can someone please explain me what are my options and what i can i do to extended my h1-b further. I have not filed for LC yet, but my current company is ready to file for me, but i need to know that if they file now when only 10 months are left i can still stay in the US or i have to leave the country for one year and then i can re-enter or i can stay here by converting my status to a visitor or student visa for the period of one year.

Please advise.

Oye Bobby ki Haal ye tera?

Can someone please explain me what are my options and what I can I do to extend my h1-b further. I have not filed for LC yet, but my current company is ready to file for me, but i need to know that if they file now when only 10 months are left
----- As you have only 10 months left and employer files LC you will not be eligible for 7th year extension based on that LC filing, one need to prove that LC was filed AND pending more than 365 days. You are late
i can still stay in the US or i have to leave the country for one year and then i can re-enter
---- In the above situation you have to leave after you hit 6 year, as LC for you will not be pending more than 365 days.je LC 365 din pending nahin taan pir thoda PIND da chakkar maro 1 saal saron da saag te makki di roti khao

Or
I can stay here by converting my status to a visitor or student visa for the period of one year.
------ What do you want to achieve by applying Visitor visa?
*** Did any employer in past-applied LC for you? if YES then you can use that for 7th year extension
** Try to find approved LC with your employer that matches with your skills, education on the date that LC was filed, if your employer has any LC that is approved for other employee then you can use that LC