6 years getting over - LC filed late! Pls help.!!

Rsur

Registered Users (C)
My friend's H1 is expiring on May 19th 04 and due to some screw up between company and lawyer his LC was filed late last year. What are his options now as he would prefer not to leave the country. Greatly appreciate any help in this matter.

if his LC is not pending more than 365 days then he cant apply for 7th year H1 extension. he has to go out of US when his 6 year H1 expires.

OR
look for any approved LC from any company that match his skills, education, exp the day that LC was filed and can file his I-140 with labor substitution and also file I-485, EAD AP

why dont your"friend "post??

Thanks ginnu

I know the 'friend bit sounds corny but it is the truth. Instead of explaining the whole navigation process and site registration to him I felt it easier to post on his behalf.

Hi lawyer suggests that he convert to B-1 or B-2 visa to get over this period. Is that a good idea? I can see his options are limited. I hope he finds an attorney who can get creative with his case.

Rsur:

He could also try to recapture some vacation time to make up the difference. It is not guaranteed that he will get it, but it is worth a try.

Regards,

Emil

Thanks for the replies

His lawyer has now adivised him to apply for B-2 visa and stop working till such time he gets his EAD. Its a major mess. Anyway nothing can be done now.

Can you post the progress?

Rsur,

Can you post the progress of your friend's situation? Like when he gets his B2 approved how long has it been approved for. What state was his labor applied from?
I am also in a similar situation and would appreciate your updates.

Thanks

Sorry for the late feedback

Since I last posted my friend has applied for and got two B2 extensions approved for six months each. He is in the process now of trying to get a H1 extension. This is a long shot, let us hope it works.