6 month after FP still no interview letter

luo

Registered Users (C)
PD: 7/28/2006
FP: 8/16/2006

Sacramento office, CA.

So far still no interview letter. Called the 1-800 number and no extra info, just case pending. Anyone on the same boat?

luo said:
PD: 7/28/2006
FP: 8/16/2006

Sacramento office, CA.

So far still no interview letter. Called the 1-800 number and no extra info, just case pending. Anyone on the same boat?
I don't think it is that unusual. I got my FP done in June and got my interview letter only this week. I have a few other acquaintances who applied even earlier than me are still waiting. BTW, I was not even stuck in the name check process. It is just that USCIS is inefficient enough to lead to such situations.

Since the official processing time shows June-14 for N-400 and your PD is later than that, I don't think the customer service at the 1-800 number will be able to help you much. However, there is no harm in calling again in a few days.

same boat
pd aug 14 ,2006
fp aug 31,2006
in new york city and no interview yet

Wait until your PD is earlier than the published processing date from USCIS, then you can call customer service and they will be able to send a request to your local office.

luo/aiti, have you made an Infopass appointment ? If not, make one and get a case status update and please post your experience here..

takadigi, how do you know you were not stuck in name check but it was just red tapism? did you change address or anything to delay receipt of your letter?

same boat here

Had an infopass at the end of December and was told the case was pending name check. Filed FOIPA request in January and got back "no record".

I just had an infopass this morning. I was told that my case is still pending, no other info they can give me. It's just a useless trip :mad:

luo said:
I just had an infopass this morning. I was told that my case is still pending, no other info they can give me. It's just a useless trip :mad:

I went to INFOPASS this morning as well and the guy just did not know anything and was not very helpful at all. He just said that they could not do anything, told me just to have to wait. He said it could be from 6 months to 3 years and then at the end he said from 6 months to 1 years. What a waste trip!!!

I agree infopass is a waste of time. I waited until the PD was earlier than the published processing date from USCIS (Zap also mentioned this) and then I called the 1 800 number. Was passed from pillar to post then finally got to the right person who put a query in. A week later I got a letter to say I would get another letter. A week later I got the other letter which gave me my interview date. Finally. Interview was in 3 weeks which has now passed.

Try the 1 800 number (before or after processing dates) and see how far you can get. I was on hold for an hour but the result, no matter how protracted, was they would look into it. Please give it a shot and I wish you all the best.

Where did you get the reply after calling 1800 service?

almostacitizen,
Where did you get the letter after you called the 1800 service number? The service center or the local office?
I called last week, and got a letter from the local office, there is nothing useful in the letter, just "we are stillp processing it" . Obviously the inquiry was sent to the loca office.
I think the service representative should send inquiry to the service center not the local office, since the local office can not do anything it is stuck in name check.