5 y documents received

hurricanemd

Registered Users (C)
i got an email that the 5 year completion documents have been received in response to RFE and the case processing has been resumed ,
on the top it was written" last processing of your case started", is that normal ,i was hoping that if everything was fine and since my date is current , i would have got the approval email or phone, any feedbacks .
2. hasitoxicosis wrote he sent health packets for both him and wife , but is that the same as medical, as i had sent medicals for both of us when the initial 140/485 was filed in 2004, did not hear about them since then.

I think health packets and medicals are same. Some send them with initial filings and so do it with 5 years completion documents. Either way it needs to be sent only once.

Hopefully you will get your GC soon as your priority dates are current. Give us the good news soon.

medicals

I also filed the medicals with the original application when things opened up in July. i also did fingerprinting. i do believe some of the medical stuff expires though- as do FPs. that is why, originally USCIS clearly asked for FP and medical to be done AFTER the 5 years were over. When they started insisting on medicals as "primary evidence" we all filed the medicals asap, since they could not be trusted to differentiate between NIW physicians and others- and the chances of being summarily rejected were high. I do believe that since then USCIS has reversed again and medicals no longer need to be filed right away. I don't even know why they sent me an FP notice. it expires and if my 5 years are still not done, it's redundant.

My 5 years are done, I have no RFE.
I will be filing the packet without any USCIS request. I hope it makes it to my file.

Make sure you respond to each and every FP notice they send you. Even if they are going to expire before your processing is done. But if you don't show up or reschedule, you buy yourself a summary rejection which you then have to appeal in a long and arduous process.

Make sure you respond to each and every FP notice they send you. Even if they are going to expire before your processing is done. But if you don't show up or reschedule, you buy yourself a summary rejection which you then have to appeal in a long and arduous process.

hi we did get the FP done a few years back, i do not remember exactly when , so do u think they will ask for it again

hi we did get the FP done a few years back, i do not remember exactly when , so do u think they will ask for it again

Yupp, you get one (FP notice) on an approximately 16 month schedule. I'm going in next week for my 3rd rounds. Incredibly frustrating.

Submitted my medicals with the initial NIW application, got and RFE last year but no request about newer medicals to date.

hurricanemd, you should hear from them in the next 1-2 months all things being equal.

Last edited by a moderator:
well is it possible to just go to the nearest center and get FP done even before getting the notice( well i know the answer is no ) its just that i am hoping that during this time the EB2 does not become unavailable again or go behind april 2004, its been a long wait

well is it possible to just go to the nearest center and get FP done even before getting the notice( well i know the answer is no ) its just that i am hoping that during this time the EB2 does not become unavailable again or go behind april 2004, its been a long wait

No

I also filed the medicals with the original application when things opened up in July. i also did fingerprinting. i do believe some of the medical stuff expires though- as do FPs. that is why, originally USCIS clearly asked for FP and medical to be done AFTER the 5 years were over. When they started insisting on medicals as "primary evidence" we all filed the medicals asap, since they could not be trusted to differentiate between NIW physicians and others- and the chances of being summarily rejected were high. I do believe that since then USCIS has reversed again and medicals no longer need to be filed right away. I don't even know why they sent me an FP notice. it expires and if my 5 years are still not done, it's redundant.

My 5 years are done, I have no RFE.
I will be filing the packet without any USCIS request. I hope it makes it to my file.

Paskal:

Any updates on your case?

Hi gondalguru

You have two pending 485s linked to two different I-140 s ( labor and NIW).Are these 2 AOS pending at the same service center.

The first I-485 (NIW based) was filed at TSC but 5 months ago the file was transferred to NSC (don't know why).

Now both the applications are pending at NSC.

5 year documents

This is what happened:

My attorney told me when I asked specifically that they did have the 5 year completion forms from USCIS for me. They submitted my packet on August 6 and the very next day I got an LUD on my 485 stating that the reply to an RFE had been received and "processing resumed". Note that I am not current.

This is what happened:

My attorney told me when I asked specifically that they did have the 5 year completion forms from USCIS for me. They submitted my packet on August 6 and the very next day I got an LUD on my 485 stating that the reply to an RFE had been received and "processing resumed". Note that I am not current.

What is your priority date? Its good that all your requirements are completed now. I will be submitting documents in about 2 weeks. The problem is that I have RFE from TSC and now the case is pending at NSC.

5 year requirement

What is your priority date? Its good that all your requirements are completed now. I will be submitting documents in about 2 weeks. The problem is that I have RFE from TSC and now the case is pending at NSC.

Hi,

Last month my attorney filed the evidence for 5 year completion. This week we received a letter from USCIS stating that (roughly):

" A review of your 485 shows that you are required to complete 5 years of service based on your approved I-140 per the Nursing relief act. The record now shows you have completed 5 years of medical service and have overcome the restriction. In compliance with the regulation USCIS now considers your AOS ready for processing"

which is great...except that my PD is far from current :)

Anyway I did not know they confirmed this- I guess since the documents I sent were a response to an RFE they have to reply. I guess this frees me to do what i wish for now and wait to become current....?