5 months and no AP still

msdms

Registered Users (C)
I applied for I140, 485, EAD and AP in sept 2003 (Vermont)

My EAD got approved in Nov 2003 and I have the card with me.

It is Jan 12th and my case status still states the usual message " we have recieved ur application ...."

Whats happening with my application ?

Thanks

I am with you dude,I applied on spetember 26,got my EAD on decmeber 24th,AP shaows same msg as you see for urs,funny thing is that VSC says that they are working on AP cases recd. on and after October 8th,but people like you and me have ND of sep 26th and still no one has touched our applications,ISN'T ENOUGH TO SHOW THE CREDIBILITY OF VSC PROCESSING DATE DRAMA ?

Earlier I read on this forum,some of our friend and has mentioned that they are not working on AP because they ran out of papers, but last week they moved dates from Sep 11 to Oct 8th,So it is hard to understand what is going on, only thing i can tell you is that VSC sucks and another thing i can tell u is to not to loose ur petience, you are not alone.

good luck
-manoj

I'm also in the same boat.

Applied renewal for EAD and AP in Sep'2003.

And still haven't received EAD or AP and my EAD is expiring next month.

Any suggestions.!!

get_gc123,

I guess you can go to local office and get your I-EAD if you need EAD to work on, but other then that, donno what to say, I do not understand why it is too slow, I heard some one telling me that once President bush's proposal of converting illigal immigrants to legal takes the shape of a bill, which is expected to happan inext month or 2. Ins would get direction from Administration ot start working on there visa petitions, there are total 8 million people, this would increase our back log for I-140 from 1 year to god knows what, but i have a feeling that if administration wants to do something like this, they should give INS a notice of may be 6-8 months to first clear all existing bakclog of existing applications and start working on "illigal" immigrants, doesn't it make sense ? would like to know what you guys think.

based on the figures of immigrationwatch.com, doesn't look like that INS is loaded with I-140 applications,any addition or correction. ?

VSC is slow in processing AP than EAD, if you get an RFE that might
speed it up. Recently for me, it took 4 months for EAD and 5 months for AP renewal. hope this helps

I am also with you guys. My ND falls in the month of September'03. Still waiting for both EAD and AP's approval. This is definitely frustrating me. I dont know if some thing can be done to speed this shit up?

So, now what about so called official processing dates realesed by VSC from time to time,ARE THEY NOT MISLEADING COMMON MAN?

I am more worried about this illigal to leagal drama, this may really kill our chances of getting GC. donno what u guys think abt this.

Hi,

I too applied in Sep(9/30/03). nothing so far. I think they are processing in random order. Guess, one has to be lucky to get AP in time for travel.

Thanks.

Dont worry guys. These kind of Bills take some time to come into effect. Most Political observers say there is little chance of this bill getting enacted and becoming a law before 2005. Most of you should hopefully get your I-140 by then.
If Bush wants to enact this law in the next 5-6 months, he will have to focus all his energies on convincing the congressmen from both the parties who oppose the bill in its current form. And this is something he cant afford in the election year........
And who said he is in a hurry to pass the bill. He has just made another attempt to woo the latino community. HE wants them to vote for him so that he can pass the bill in his next term..

Relax and enjoy

EAD, AP pending - 3.5 months gone

Hi guys

Same case for me too. My EAD and AP were dated Sep 27 2003
but still they are pending and the reason could be due my
RFE for I-140. But they got the reply to that RFE on Dec 01 2003.
But surprised to see that even without RFE the cases are pending for 4 - 5 months. My I-140 RD is Feb 22 2002. It is going to be 2 years next month. It is really an agony to go through this.
It is surprising to see that guys who applied in Nov 2002 are getting approved and they don't want to take up case which are
pending from Feb 22 2002.

Sekar

guys, my case is even worse. I applied for EAD in august 1st week, in november I got a request for another set of pictures and sent it. They got it on dec 1st and still no EAD.

I believe Date of Departure should be Dec '03, as my previous AP was valid up to this time. However, I do not think Depature date should have an impact on the approval of the AP.

Originally posted by Marais
vemehra98,

What date did you mention at column.. " Date of inetended departure " ?

In september, i have applied for EAD and got my EAD approved on 12/24 and i am waiting for my AP.

Anybody have any idea about AP dates.

-thanxs

my EAD got approved today 01/20/04

Hi Guys

I-140 approval triggered my EAD approval. (My I-140 was pending for 23 months and had an RFE too). After getting the reply to their RFE, my I-140 got approved after 7 weeks and along with that my EAD and my spouse's EAD got approved today.

Sekar

AP Travel Duration

Hi Guys,

Am planning a trip back home. EAD's been approved, but awaiting the AP approval.

Once I do get my AP, what's the usual duration (that one can spend outside the US) considered "safe" so as to not impact the I-140 or I-485 processings in any way. My lawyer recomments not making a trip longer than 1 month.

Any pointers would be helpful.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife's AP was NEVER approved (RD 2/18/03) even though mine was approved very quickly.

We called the 1-800 number several times...apparently they can't do anything until there ahve been three calls about an application.

For something as simple as an AP, I suggest doing what we eventually wound up doing...just reapply. It's only $110. The form is easy...you can do it yourself, provided you have the receipt notice from your I-485.

Good luck.