4th EAD & 4th AP !

Officers

BanglaBabu said:
Damn. The Whole process is so *&^%Q@#$'ed up. I got my 4th EAD and they issues it from the day they received my application and not from the day my 3rd ead is expiring. Meaning, I lost 2 months. I am so pissed off. Do you think, calling USCIS will help.

BB,

I guess it all depends on the particular officer handling your case. Some officers follow the rules and make the EAD and AP valid a day after the current one expires. Others put the date that they approved it. This should come as no surprise to us. This whole damn process is inconsistent and unpredictable.

regards,

saras

We got our 3rd EAD last April with the effective date of May 30th, a day after the expiration of our 2nd. In the cover letter for our applications, I requested if they can make the effective date be a day after the expiration of our current EAD.

Did you file your AP, EAD yourselves? In Part 7 of the Form I-131 it states, “On a separate sheet(s) of paper, please explain how you qualify for advance parole and what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole?"

Did you provide a separate sheet with a reason? If so, what possible reasons you provided?

Guys, I have had similar experience wherein I was docked 3 months on my EAD just coz I filed it earlier. Everyone files early. Atleast 90 days in advance. On this forum, I found out that you should state the date in the cover letter when you want the new EAD activated from. Apparently sending the copy of the old EAD is not good enough. Those dumbasses dont know anything and need to be dictated what is to be done.

Thus always advice them to renew it from the date your old EAD expires and hope that they would listen ("understand").

I am on a same boat, going to apply for my 4th EAD start of the next week.
though my petition date is current May 25 2001 according the june bulliten.

u never know when your case would aproved u have to have keep your spirits High this is just a Temporay phase ............

Gullu.