485 Transferred to local office processed any faster?

danmagaji

Registered Users (C)
My I-140/I-485 were filed concurrently in July '06. Got married after that and filed my wife's 485 in Nov '06. My I-140 got approved early April '07 and i have now received notices that both our 485s are being transferred to the local newark, NJ office to "speed up processing"

Will it really be any faster?..... (i really don't want to get excited about nothing!!)

Also wondering why our cases were transferred in the first place and if it automatically also implies that we could be interviewed? My wife is out of the country - she's on H4 visa.

We're both done with finger-printing and i'm still on H1 with sponsoring company. My PD is current.

My I-140/I-485 were filed concurrently in July '06. Got married after that and filed my wife's 485 in Nov '06. My I-140 got approved early April '07 and i have now received notices that both our 485s are being transferred to the local newark, NJ office to "speed up processing"

Will it really be any faster?.....
----------------- once I-485 is transferred to Local office it may take 3-5 months for Interview date

(i really don't want to get excited about nothing!!)

Also wondering why our cases were transferred in the first place and if it automatically also implies that we could be interviewed?

My wife is out of the country - she's on H4 visa.
----Once get Interview date notice she should be back to attend Interview with you
We're both done with finger-printing and i'm still on H1 with sponsoring company. My PD is current.
--------------

Thanks Ginnu.

So i guess even though it shows online on the USCIS website that the newark field office is processing 485s with receipt dates of Aug 23, 2006 (mine is Aug 14), it is still going to be a 3-5 month wait!

Will it really be any faster?..... (i really don't want to get excited about nothing!!)

Also wondering why our cases were transferred in the first place and if it automatically also implies that we could be interviewed? My wife is out of the country - she's on H4 visa.

My understanding is that if it gets to local office, it actually gets slowed down. Our cases too got transfered to memphis local office and we had interviews. But to get case update you have to visit the office in person unlike online messages from service centers. I live 200 miles from memphis and makes difficult to inquire often. Also the services that you get at local office will be poor compared to at service centers. You have to be on your case all the time if it is transfered to local office.

My understanding is that if it gets to local office, it actually gets slowed down. Our cases too got transfered to memphis local office and we had interviews. But to get case update you have to visit the office in person unlike online messages from service centers. I live 200 miles from memphis and makes difficult to inquire often. Also the services that you get at local office will be poor compared to at service centers. You have to be on your case all the time if it is transfered to local office.

slower??.........depressing news!

Btw, did you get your approval/GC right after your interview?

slower??.........depressing news!
------------- once file is sent to local office it takes time to reach local office they dont send sigle file they send with other files in box and it takes 20-25 days to reach local office then to open the box and to enter in the system. it may take 3-5 months to get Interview notice.

Btw, did you get your approval/GC right after your interview?
---------------------at the time of interview they dont ask much and take what is asked on Interview date notice like 3 year tax, w-2, DL, Passport latest employer letter 3-4 pay stub copy, birth certificate, marriage certificate ( Both of you should take 2 front face photographs with you if you submitted side face photographs when I-485 was filed, on interview date notice they dont write to bring photo) officer will inform you that case is approved but may not stamp the passport same day and may inform you that you will get approval letter in mail.

-------------

Thanks for your responses Ginnu and NathanSS
It's now clearer why it takes that long...... i'll just have to be patient and wait.
Also i guess we will know during the interview if our NCs are cleared or is there another way of checking on that?

Update......

I received notice for the interview....will be in May.

I researched on this and it seems those who file 485 as single and then get married after and add spouse as derivate 485 automatically triggers interview.

What sort of questions are asked at the interview?

I received notice for the interview....will be in May.

I researched on this and it seems those who file 485 as single and then get married after and add spouse as derivate 485 automatically triggers interview.

What sort of questions are asked at the interview?

the officer will go through I-485 form ask the name if it is correct and read the questions from Form I-485 and your answer will be YES/NO
at the time of interview they dont ask much and take what is asked on Interview date notice like 3 year tax, w-2, DL, Passport latest employer letter 3-4 pay stub copy, birth certificate, marriage certificate ( Both of you should take 2 front face photographs with you if you submitted side face photographs when I-485 was filed, on interview date notice they dont write to bring photo) officer will inform you that case is approved but may not stamp the passport same day and may inform you that you will get approval letter in mail.

Interviewed on 5/17/07 and finally received I-551 stamp on passport!
Immigration officer says that actual green cards would be processed 'manually' and so this could take up to a year for me to receive the physical green card.

Hello, i got my labour approved on 14-may-07. My priority date is March 03 EB2. I can apply I-140 and I-485 concurrently if I can wait until June 1st. But is it any benifit in filing concurrently. My plan is to file I-140 this week in premium and get it done by first week of June and apply I-485. I need to do my medical exams that will take a week and I don't want to delay the I-140.
2nd question is that I am planning to move to a big apartment as I am really running out of space. My lawyer said that If I can move before filing I-485 that should be good. My question is, I know where I am going to move and the address. But I can't move until July end or August. Is it okay/safe to give the new address in I-485 and file it IN june first week and move to the new apartment in July end or August first week? This new apartment is just in the same apartment complex (next street, 500 feet may be)
Anyway advice would be really useful.
Also, how long would it take to clear an RFE as my wife is pregnent now and wouldn't be able to do some of the medical exam. So, it would be good to know an approx time of how long would it take to clear the RFE?
Any help would be really really useful.
Thanks

Hello, i got my labour approved on 14-may-07.
My priority date is March 03 EB2.
I can apply I-140 and I-485 concurrently if I can wait until June 1st.
--------------YES
But is it any benifit in filing concurrently. My plan is to file I-140 this week in premium and get it done by first week of June and apply I-485.
-------------------that is OK
I need to do my medical exams that will take a week and I don't want to delay the I-140.
------do the medical
2nd question is that I am planning to move to a big apartment as I am really running out of space.
My lawyer said that If I can move before filing I-485 that should be good.
----------------that is correct
My question is, I know where I am going to move and the address. But I can't move until July end or August. Is it okay/safe to give the new address in I-485 and file it IN june first week and move to the new apartment in July end or August first week? This new apartment is just in the same apartment complex (next street, 500 feet may be)
-----------------did you sign the lease and the apartment# is allotted to you?. You should give your address where you are staying at the time of filing I-485. if you can move move Before tyou file I-485 or give present address if you are not moving. After move file form AR11 (you and your wife, FYI AR11 does not change address on pending petitions with USCIS) also call I-800NCSC after you get the I-485 filing reciepts and update the address AND also write letter to USCIS service center for the address change on Pending I-485, on cover letter write your Name, A#, DOB, I-485 filing reciept#, date, New address, past address , attach copy of I-485 reciept and out side the envelope write in big bold letters:Attn: Address change request on Pending I-485 send it with certified return reciept (your wife also need to do the same)

Anyway advice would be really useful.
Also, how long would it take to clear an RFE as my wife is pregnent now and wouldn't be able to do some of the medical exam.
-------attach the letter of doctor now with her I-485 and when get RFE reply that.
So, it would be good to know an approx time of how long would it take to clear the RFE?
--------------once you reply to RFE it gets attached with file in 8-10 days if file is still before the officer .
Any help would be really really useful.
Thanks

--------------------