485 transfer to Phoenix local district

osm said:
FYI,

I finally had a phone meeting with my lawyer. Here is what he told me about the interview.
osm,

Good info. Thanks! How long have you been in the US (before applying for GC)? We were here 4 years before doing our LC.
Does your interview letter list the officer name or code? It would be nice to track experiences to the officer.

Is your attorney going to be with you at the interview? Was your case a job change case?

Good luck!!

Interview Details

Hi All,

Had our interview finally at the phoenix office in the first week of march 2005. The interview went well and both myself and my wife got the green card approved. Here are the details.

1) you don't need another medical. We didn't do a new one. the old was fine.We did the old one in 2002. The officer didn't make any issue with it.

2) When you go in the office, There is no big line. All you got to do is drop your interview letter behind a door. After a while an officer opens the door and calls your name. There was no name for the interviewing office on the invitation letter. I am guessing that the officers are not assigned to the interviews. They just pick up the appointment letter at the top of the pile and call the name.

3) The whole interview took around 30 minutes. The officer didn't ask me any particular question. The main questions were:
i) He asked for the weeding date and my job title.
ii) Ran through a list of legal questions. eg. (have you ever been arrested. have you ever voted, have you ever forged documents and stuff. ) the answer to all these in my case was no.
iii) He verfified information that was on the application to make sure it is correct. for example, my last name. my DOB and farther's name and stuff.
iv) the documents he asked for was company letter, pay stubs, tax returns and w2s for the last 3 years. The last entry into the US. What was my status before applying for the green card. proof of continuing marriage (we had bank statements and insurance statements).

that is it, he stampled the passport. That is a temporary stamp what will expire this summer. He took our finger prints and signatures that will appear on the green card. The card will be mailed to our address in 3 to 8 weeks according to the officer.

Good luck to you all.

osm

Reply to maybesomeday

Hi maybesomeday,

i was here in the us for 9 years before applying. I went to the university here and graduated in 97.

osm

osm said:
Hi maybesomeday,

i was here in the us for 9 years before applying. I went to the university here and graduated in 97.

osm
Congratulations on the approval!!!!
Must be a big relief! I'm glad it was short and sweet.
The reason I was asking about the years before applying was to get a sense as to the reasons why people get called in for interviews. I'm going in tomorrow to ask why our case got transferred (so as to better prepare for the interview).
Did you change jobs after applying? If so, I was wondering if they asked any specific questions related to that.
Thanks and rest easy.

Reply to mabesomeday

I was at the same company all this time. So the question of job change does not apply in my case.

osm

We all got approved :) . The interview took about 40 minutes, similar to what was described by osm.

The only downside is that they say one of the medical tests was not performed for both of my children, so they will not order their green cards until we get that done and take the results in.

Why nobody told me so that we could have done it is quite beyond me :rolleyes: , but at least that is the only thing remaining now.

Last edited by a moderator:
feel_so_low said:
We all got approved :) . The interview took about 40 minutes, similar to what was described by osm.

The only downside is that they say one of the medical tests was not performed for both of my children, so they will not order their green cards until we get that done and take the results in.

Why nobody told me so that we could have done it is quite beyond me :rolleyes: , but at least that is the only thing remaining now.
Wooohooo! Congratulations!! That's 2 for 2 this month! Any questions out of the ordinary? Did they mention why on earth they brought you in for an interview in the first place?

No unusual questions. Just went through the basic details with each one of us. I had to answer a few questions about my job & provide paystubs, letter from employer and then documents with both my name and my wife's on. Also had to show tax returns/W2s.

No mention of why we were interviewed & I didn't ask.

Any idea when it will be your turn?

feel_so_low said:
No unusual questions. Just went through the basic details with each one of us. I had to answer a few questions about my job & provide paystubs, letter from employer and then documents with both my name and my wife's on. Also had to show tax returns/W2s.

No mention of why we were interviewed & I didn't ask.

Any idea when it will be your turn?
Our RD is the end of October 2003 so I'm guessing at the rate that they're processing these cases we might get a letter soon.

We got our second FP notice. This is a good sign...at least someone looked at our file. Schedued for May 11th but we're going to try on the 4th instead. The letter says you can come in any Wednesday after the scheduled date. Has anyone gone in before the scheduled date?

plastic green card received

Hi Guys,

I thought this may be of interest to you. Myself and my wife received the plastic green card last week. The petition was approved in early march 2005 after an interview at the phoneix office.

Around the middle of March we received an email from CIS that said "your petition has been received, it is taking 300 days to process this petition..."

That email was off course incorrect because our petition had already been approved. We were just waiting for the plastic card. Luckily, it did't take too long to the get card.

osm

osm said:
That email was off course incorrect because our petition had already been approved. We were just waiting for the plastic card. Luckily, it did't take too long to the get card.
Congratulations! That may provide some assurance to feel_so_low as he was a little concerned about the card processing delay.

maybesomeday said:
Congratulations! That may provide some assurance to feel_so_low as he was a little concerned about the card processing delay.
My wife's card arrived today (5/3), mine hopefully in the mail!

feel_so_low said:
My wife's card arrived today (5/3), mine hopefully in the mail!
And mine today (5/6). Status on both cases went from 'card ordered' to 'approval notice mailed' & then the card arrived a few days later.

Finally got interview notice

Well it appears they're finally reached our file in the queue. Interview is for the end of June. Timing seems to make sense according to the on-line processing dates for Phoenix since they're showing they're up to October 5th, 2003 and our RD was end of October. The required documents are the same as for everyone else here: medical, taxes, affidavit of support, photos, etc.
I'm kind of surprised they aren't doing the Biometric photos/fingerprints and instead doing it the old fashioned way (bring your own photo).
Wish me (us) luck!

They are processing Oct'03 right now. Looks like I am about a year away from the case being picked up. Should I expect fingerprinting or is it going be a interview directly and everything done in one shot?

Don't give up hope yet. Even just a few months ago they were processing about 3 months worth of cases for every real month. It's only lately that they've hit another brick wall of doing 1 month every month.
It seems that when they get to your case date they will request another fingerprint set. Once they get the results back from the FBI, they will schedule your interview date.

Junoon said:
They are processing Oct'03 right now. Looks like I am about a year away from the case being picked up. Should I expect fingerprinting or is it going be a interview directly and everything done in one shot?

Might be wrong status update at uscis.gov

Hi,

My was transferred to phoenix office in jan 2005, but Phoenix office didn't received it sofar, so i ordered inquiry on AP, officer asked me any relavent cases, so I gave my 485 case no is already in phoenix local office.

Today I got email from uscis.gov saying they received my 485 and it takes 300 days. That doesn't make sense to me, because why phoenix local office will send back file to california service center? it might be worng status update. Any similar experienses?
Thanks

tsdens,

If the CSC emergency phone number still works, give that a try and see what happened with the transfer. Or, on second thought, just leave them be and maybe they'll approve your case at CSC!