485 transfer to Phoenix local district

phoenix_us

Registered Users (C)
Guys/Gals,

My case was recently transferred to Phoenix local district. The wait time is around 30 months !!

Anybody with case transfer to this office? Does it really take this long for the interview? Also, is it an absolute must to take an attorney? Any suggestions for a good one?

Or should I just forget about it for now and go into deep sleep. Just keep renewing my EAD every year.

Brighter side : CSC is alive !! Don't loose your hope (the ones not from Phoenix).

category?

Is your GC application emp based or familiy? Does any one know whether the wait (30 months) depends on which category?

WAC-02-041-xxxxx.
Mail date Oct. 2001.
Notice date Nov. 2001.
FP Date Jan 2002.
Employment based
EB3

Also, a friend of mine told me that 30 months are counted from date of filing i.e. in my case it will be from Nov. 2001. Can anyone confirm this?

hi, it is correct that 29 months is from the date of filing. phx ins is processing cases of june 2000 (485 receipt date).
I am not sure if transfer cases fall in their regular processing queue. It might be true since I have been waiting for about 2 months now.
IT is wait and watch game now.

30 months !!

I would suggest that you call the local INS office. Ask them if this 30 months wait applies to just family based cases or employment based cases as well?

30 months seems too long a wait !!

Where can I get the number for local office? I called the 800 number but it goes to National customer service line.

I do not know the reason for the transfer. Probably becoz I got married few months before filing 485 application.

I could not get the PHX local phone number.

I once went to local INS office and they said that my file has reached PHX office.

I am prepared for 30 months wait. If something comes before that then I would consider myself lucky.

phx is processing feb2001 cases

I went to phx office recently to apply for my 2nd EAD renewal.
I asked them about the current 485 processing dates. They told me that they are processing cases of feb2002 right now.

Thanks

Thanks for the update. Hopefully I should hear something in next 6-8 months.

When did you apply for your 485? Mine is Nov. 2001. Are you planning to take your lawyer with you when you go for the interview?

My details :

WAC-02-041-xxxxx.
Mailed : Oct 2001.
Notice : Nov 2001.
FP : Jan 2002.
Transfer : Jan 2003.

Employment based
EB3

Last edited by a moderator:
I filed my 485 in Sep 01. Yes I am planning to take my lawyer with me. I guess if nothing else it will be a moral support.

I also meet one indian girl who came for an interview. her case was based on marriage with American citizen. She had filed her 485 in April 01.

Hi 29months,

You message is a ray of hope. Can you please update your case details including your 485 receipt date, priority date and
interview experience at Phoenix office.

Pears

I've been a submarine on this site for a while. I never register or post any information on this site before, but I think this is a very good and useful forum, I'd like to share my experience.

EB3
WAC-01-130-5xxxx
RD 03/2001
ND 03/2001
FP1 08/2001
FP2(Notice) 09/2001; did not go
FP3 05/2002
EAD1 05/2001
EAD2 04/2002
EAD3 04/2003
AP 05/2001; only applied once
Transferrd to Phoenix on Oct 2001
Interview letter issued on Jun 2003
Interview Date July 31, 2003

I got passport stamped on the same day.

pears, just be patient, I believe that your interview date will be your approve date.

Thank you. This gives an idea that Phoenix is processing cases of 03/2001.

There is one confusion from your dates. How come you have same receipt date and notice date.

How did your interview go ? Do you mind taking couple of minutes and writing details or any suggestion on how to prepare for an interview, document preparation etc.

July 31, 2003
Today is not too bad, temperature around 100 degree F. I am pretty exciting because I got interview appointment at 11:30 am. I pretending I am going to the Disney Land for the couple hours wait and get 5 minutes ride.

NO, I arrived BCIS Phoenix about 11:20am. There is a long line, but I got my letter so I don't need wait in line. Passed security check, the guard took my letter and told me wait in the lobby and they will call me. After 3 or 5 minutes, I got call and went to the officer's office. No big questions asked. When I left BCIS, I watched clock, 11:40am. Can you believe that?

I did ask the Officer? Why CSC transferrd my case to PHX? He double checked my file and said nothing wrong. You will never know why?

Overall the Officer is very very good. If they have survey, I'd give the Officer 10+, beyond excellent.

Actually, my RD is 03/01/2001; ND is 03/14/2001.

Thanks, 29months

Congratulations 29months and also thanks for posting the update. It gives us some hope to hang in there.

Pears, I hope you will be the bearer of some good news next time :).

Hi 29months,

Did you get a letter from Phx office to redo your finger prints before your interview.

I read somewhere that fingerprints are valid only for 15 months.
I had done my finger prints about 18 months ago.

Do I need to contact INS for this or should I just wait for their letter.

Phoenix_us,
I went to phoenix office to collect my EAD on Thursday. They said that they are processing the cases of March 2001.

So we are still few months away.

Pears