485 RFE track -- Calling to those who got RFE

Toolongawait

I just collect any document needed, and gave them to my lawyer.
I don't think in my 1st RFE case, he ever write anything otherthan sending the employment letter requested.

On my second RFE, I requested my lawyer to write something, because I feel like the office doesn't know what he is doing, so I thought even with the documents, he still needs someone to remind him that since all the documents were suppose to be there, and he send rfe anyway.

If you feel like it's neccessary, then ask your lawyer to write something. You know how lawyers are, you think they do extra works without been asked?

Gook luck with your case!

Stone,

Thanks for the reply. Basically my lawyer is the most useless lawyer. She is asking for 1000 Dollars for RFE response. I am thinking of sending the response myself. If they don't have to write anything then why charge 1000 Dollar for mail room service. That is unfair. I am planning to ask her to send me the RFE and prepare the response myself. So far the web site indicates that RFE is for my wife and child (not for me - I am the primary applicant). I have thought about it for the whole weekend and found some issues in their applications. My child's passport has expired - that could be the issue - not sure about my wife though - may be medical but her medical and my medical appear exactly same. I will have to wait.

anybody on the same boat?

Both my husband(primary applicant)and I got RFE on FEB.09. We send back the responses to INS on Feb.19. Today my husband's online staus was updates as "On Feb.23, we received the RFE response and bla bla bla...", but my status is still the same as before. Does that mean they didn't receive my RFE response? Anybody has the same situation? Please respond. Thanks.

BTW, I updated the spreadsheet by adding the recent information.

Summerwind,

What is 'Initial Entry Document' ?

What did you supply ?

By any chance do you know 'How to prove continued status' ?

Please reply

Our lawyer provided the I-94 form as well as I-20 which we used for our first time coming to this country.

In order to prove the continued status, I guess you need to provide all the documents for all your status changes in each period of time, such as I-20 for F-1 status, I-94 for H-1B status and etc.

My two cents. But it will be better to get some consultation from your attorney.

Good luck to all of us!

Re: Updated RFE Details

Saimural,

It wil be helpful if you reply to these questions please.

1. Did you figure out why your wife got RFE for medical and you did not ?

2. Is your status unchanged or ARE you approved ?

3. Is your case number smaller than your wife's case number ? In my case the number is bigger (later in the sequence) and even the FP was done for my wife before me.

I am just trying to figure out what is going on.

Please reply

Originally posted by saimural
Updated RFE Details for my wife

Toolongawait,
We have received RFE for maitaining continued status and
Our lawyer has asked for the following Documents -(needed from both of us)
1. All F-1 documents received.
2. All approval notices received including copies of EAD, I-131, H-1B, H-4 etc.
3. Copies of all I-94 that you have received since initial entry.
4. Copies of every page of your current valid passport.
5. Copies of all pages of your expired passport(s).
6. All evidence of employment authorization and periods inside/outside of US.

Thanks. Very useful information.

Really appreciate it.

Originally posted by sdvid
Toolongawait,
We have received RFE for maitaining continued status and
Our lawyer has asked for the following Documents -(needed from both of us)
1. All F-1 documents received.
2. All approval notices received including copies of EAD, I-131, H-1B, H-4 etc.
3. Copies of all I-94 that you have received since initial entry.
4. Copies of every page of your current valid passport.
5. Copies of all pages of your expired passport(s).
6. All evidence of employment authorization and periods inside/outside of US.

RFE recvd

My lawyer sent me the RFE letter today , The RFE is for Employment letter and two photographs for me and my wife , hopefully will get it done soon and finally get the approval, will keep you posted.

for those people RFE issued by officer 016

for those people who deal with officer #016, can you please share your experience, I got RFE from #016, response received by CIS FEB 18, no action since then.

Guys,

How long did it take to receive the RFE letter from TSC after the online message changed.

It has been 12 days since my online message changed and my lawyer did not receive anything.

Did anybody call the NSC to verify the address and request the RFE letter to be mailed again?

Thanks

Had been an avid reader of this forum for a while but never posted anything so far. My online status changed to "approved" yesterday. Here are the details of my 485

RD: 05/06/2001
ND: 07/26/2001
FP: 05/05/2003

1st RFE both for me and my wife: 01/26/2004 (officer 450)
For me:
Proof of valid status since entering US
Proof of employment

For my wife:
Proof of work authorization (she was working on campus while on F1)

Responded to RFE: 02/03/2004
Online status changed to RFE recieved (for my wife): 02/13/2004
For me, it never changed. It kept on saying that my RFE was sent to me on so and so date..

Application Approved for both of us: 02/23/2004

Wish you all best of luck.

RFE Questions.

1. Is there anyone in SRC 01 272 day who got RFE ?

2. Is there anyone got RFE but online status did not indicate it ?

Please reply

Question for those who received RFE for Affidavit of Support for their dependents.

Did you send form I-134 or form I-864?

WRONG RFE Sent to ME

On 12th of this month.. my online message changed to RFE SENT.. Finally after 12 days.. my Lawyer received that RFE..
It is 2 pages.. First page says Office#18, Date: 2/11/04, CUD: 5/10/04. & my SRC#, A# and Return address of with message to return in timly manner..

2nd page is the actuall RFE.. my lawyer name with his old address, someone elses Name as benificiary, someone else SRC# and REF details..

It went to my lawyers old address and forwarded to his new address..
My Wife did not receive any Letter yet..

SRC# on that letter is SRC-01-227-52730 and
Name is Maria P*.
If this person is a member of this form or some you know email me with the last name filled (Intensionally not writing that last name), I can fax this RFE.. my id is kvnreddy@hotmail.com I have last name on this letter (do not abuse).

My lawyer is replying to INS, requesting for actual RFE for me. And waiting for my wife's RFE.