485 Pending.. terminated.. Status?

Indian_at_texas

Registered Users (C)
I have filed my I485 and recpt date is Nov 23. Notice date is Nov 27. Due to market situation, I am being terminated by May 2002. My attorney says, since its more than 180 days since application pending, I can continue to stay in US in legal status but will have to wait for EAD approval to work for another company.

Is this true ? will this be a problem at time of GC issue?

you should be OK

if it is over 180 days.
Find yourself a new job ASAP.
Also, check if you can go to the local INS office and get yourself the EAD - that will enable you to work for a new employer.

Good luck.

Yes still valid. Just pray that INS does not generate a RFE before 180 days <EOM>

&nbsp;

In stead of being terminated, can I resign before the 180 days and use EAD? What\'s the consequences

&nbsp;

Same situation

I am in the same situation. I didn\'t get a raise for last 2 and half yrs b/c my employer knows I\'m not going any where until I get my GC. Now I got EAD approved and the card and I-485 is in process. It\'s only 60 days since I filled I-485. Is it OK to change the job now? OR should I wait for 180 days??

----------------------
In stead of being terminated, can I resign before the 180 days and use EAD? What\'s the consequences? Would that cause problem to 485?- thanks jaxen
---------------