485 pending and company merged

haresh

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

My I485 is pending. ND is Dec 2002. I have been working for same employer who filed my I-485. But now my employer company is merged with another company. They now have different name as well as different tax Id. I still have a job with the new company but I have following questions.

1) Since the employer company is different now, my I-485 still valid ?

2) Is this AC21 case now ?

2) Do I need to file any addendum or letter to the USCIS stating the fact that my employer's name is now different?

This post have always helped me to answer my worries. Please advise me on this. I am too much worried now.

haresh said:
Folks,

My I485 is pending. ND is Dec 2002. I have been working for same employer who filed my I-485. But now my employer company is merged with another company. They now have different name as well as different tax Id. I still have a job with the new company but I have following questions.

1) Since the employer company is different now, my I-485 still valid ?
------ I-485 is filed by YOU and it is valid till it is not denied
2) Is this AC21 case now ?
------ YES, Send new comany future job offer letter with same/similar job duties as on approved LC( LC form ETA750A in item 13 has your job duties written you can ask the copy from lawyer who filed LC or I-140 or from past employer) send the AC21 letter + 3-4 recent pay stub copy from new employer+ your I-485 filing reciept to USCIS, so that they have update and attach it to your pending I-485 file
2) Do I need to file any addendum or letter to the USCIS stating the fact that my employer's name is now different?
--read above
This post have always helped me to answer my worries. Please advise me on this. I am too much worried now.

GINNU,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you think we should present it to USCIS as AC-21 case ? or we simply present it with a letter like "Company merged notification" (with my Job remains same)?

I am bit confused to consider this as straight AC-21 case when I didn't change the employer.

Can you please advice?

haresh said:
GINNU,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you think we should present it to USCIS as AC-21 case ? or we simply present it with a letter like "Company merged notification" (with my Job remains same)?

I am bit confused to consider this as straight AC-21 case when I didn't change the employer.

Can you please advice?

If you notify it as a company merger then they may ask for amending your I-140. I feel better to take AC-21 route.

Ok then folks, what do I need to do to make it AC21 case ? As I get from GINNU, a some sort of letter and copies of new pay stuffs !! . What else ?
Also can anyone provide me a copy of sample letter .

Does USCIS asks about finincial docs for the new company ?

Ginnu,

As you may remember I plan to use AC21 to switch jobs now that my 140 has been approved. I have started looing out now. When you mention offer letter do you mean it is the letter I will get when I am offered the new job OR is it after I join the new job ask them to issue a letter for Future employment. I am confused as

a) When you are joining a new company it is difficult to ask them to prepare an offer letter we want as we are totally unknown to them
b) You mention 3-4 paystubs from new employer. This we would get only after we work for some months is it not.

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Yeppo

yeppo said:
Ginnu,

As you may remember I plan to use AC21 to switch jobs now that my 140 has been approved.
----- switch job only if I-140 approved AND I-485 pending more than 180 days
I have started looing out now. When you mention offer letter do you mean it is the letter I will get when I am offered the new job OR is it after I join the new job ask them to issue a letter for Future employment. I am confused as
----- your new employer has to give you a future permanent job offer letter in Same/similar skills or job duties as on your approved LC, before you join new employer you should ask him if he will give you that letter once you join him and if USCIS also asks ability to pay they should be ready to provide you evidence of ability to pay. Make it clear before you join
a) When you are joining a new company it is difficult to ask them to prepare an offer letter we want as we are totally unknown to them

---- why not? make it clear before you join what you will need, you dont need that letter the day you join. but they must be ready to give you so that you can use AC21. if the company dont agree to give you permanenent job offer letter to use AC21 then dont join them
b) You mention 3-4 paystubs from new employer. This we would get only after we work for some months is it not.
----- YES, once you get 2-3 pay stubs then send the AC21 letter to USCIS. FYI paystubs are not must to invoke AC21, Pay stubs show that employer is paying you and can pay you in future that way you may not get RFE
Please clarify.

Thanks,

Yeppo
haresh!!
just search this thread I have posted AC21 sample letters do some work

Ginnu,

Thanks once again.
I just want to make sure that the "real" offer letter which I will get before I join and the letter they can give me when I join for ac21 cxan be different.

Rgds,

Yeppo

GINNU,

With new company does the JOB Title and duties needs to be exactly same when they give a letter for employment ?

Also I can not see the link to the sample letter ..

Can you pls pls help again ?

haresh said:
GINNU,

With new company does the JOB Title and duties needs to be exactly same when they give a letter for employment ?
---- what I have seen is job title does not matter but job duties or skills should be same ( i prefer to send with same title and same skills)
Also I can not see the link to the sample letter ..
---- cant you search? here is:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=939055#post939055

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=143537
Can you pls pls help again ?
-not for search

Ginnu,

I have a question on EAD-Spouse in the EAD forum. Could you please take a look.

Thanks,

yeppo