485 Case Transferred & Wanting to switch companies

iyerwall

Hello Everybody,

My priority dates for 485 is Jan 2006. I made a correction to my 485 application because I unknowingly provided false information with regards to if I have ever been charged or arrested etc. I corrected the mistakes and I sent a letter through my company's lawyer stating my mistake. In 2 weeks, I got an email stating that my case has been transferred to National Benefits Center. About a week ago, I got another email stating that my case is now pending at National Benefits Center.

I have also applied for an EAD extension pending approval. Here is the tricky part. I want to exercise my AC21 portability and switch employers. It has been over a year since I applied for my 485. The new company's HR say that they are happy to even transfer my H1 visa.

What shall I do? This new company is a state agency with stable job. I really want to take this job. Also, my current employer has all my labor, 140 and 485 documents. They told me that they would not provide any documents until GC arrives. Is it safe to switch employers? Can I change my H1 and still keep my 485 pending? What should I do? Should I forget the new job and just sit tight until GC arrives?

I was told that there is a 100% chance that I would receive an interview call from local immigration office regarding my 485 application. Am I complicating this further by switching jobs?

Hello Everybody,

My priority dates for 485 is Jan 2006. I made a correction to my 485 application because I unknowingly provided false information with regards to if I have ever been charged or arrested etc. I corrected the mistakes and I sent a letter through my company's lawyer stating my mistake. In 2 weeks, I got an email stating that my case has been transferred to National Benefits Center. About a week ago, I got another email stating that my case is now pending at National Benefits Center.

I have also applied for an EAD extension pending approval. Here is the tricky part. I want to exercise my AC21 portability and switch employers. It has been over a year since I applied for my 485. The new company's HR say that they are happy to even transfer my H1 visa.

What shall I do? This new company is a state agency with stable job. I really want to take this job. Also, my current employer has all my labor, 140 and 485 documents. They told me that they would not provide any documents until GC arrives. Is it safe to switch employers? Can I change my H1 and still keep my 485 pending? What should I do? Should I forget the new job and just sit tight until GC arrives?

I was told that there is a 100% chance that I would receive an interview call from local immigration office regarding my 485 application. Am I complicating this further by switching jobs?

You can very well join the new company. Switching on H1 does no harm to your current 485 processing. If you don't want to switch on H1, AC 21 is another option but in my opinion maintain H1 as far as possible as your new company is ready to transfer. 485 is for future employment so no matter what your 485 is safe.

Hello Everybody,

I have also applied for an EAD extension pending approval. Here is the tricky part.
I want to exercise my AC21 portability and switch employers. It has been over a year since I applied for my 485.
------------------if your I-140 is approved then you are eligible for AC 21
The new company's HR say that they are happy to even transfer my H1 visa.
-----------------------H1 transfer is better option for you.
What shall I do?
---------------------------let the new employer file H1 transfer
This new company is a state agency with stable job. I really want to take this job.

Also, my current employer has all my labor, 140 and 485 documents. They told me that they would not provide any documents until GC arrives.
---------------------they can keep LC and I-140 but I-485 is is YOUR petition it does not belong to employer. the lawyer who filed I-485 ask the I-485 filing reciept from him or from employer.

Is it safe to switch employers?
Can I change my H1 and still keep my 485 pending?
---YES, if I-140 is approved
What should I do? Should I forget the new job and just sit tight until GC arrives?
-----------------------that you have to decide
I was told that there is a 100% chance that I would receive an interview call from local immigration office regarding my 485 application.
---------------- Then what? Do you know most of the time EB1 or NIW I-485 is transferred to local office for interview? And USCIS service center can also transfer I-485 to local office to give more work to local USCIS. Most family based is approved in local offices. Who is trying to scare you from Interview? In Interview they just check the info on the forms and if any mistake they can correct they verify your name, DOB and ask any documents missing. They list what to bring at the time of interview on interview notice. All Citizenship applications are approved only after Interview.
Am I complicating this further by switching jobs?
--------------------