485 Approved today.

ramtajogi_485

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
I have been a passive reader for the most part on this forum, and want to thank everyone for their inputs, as of today the USCIS read that our cases were approved, the following are the dates that everyone might be interested in:

Case started labor filed: 10th March 2000.
485 RD date:sep 14th 2001.
485 ND date: Nov 2nd 2001.
FP: Feb 19th 2003.
AP RFE: Jan 21st 2004, yet to reply to it.
485 Approved: Feb 6th 2004.

Once again keep up the good work, and hang in there, everyone will come through soon enough!!!:D Will keep everyone posted as further development occurs.

Congratulations!!!

what did your onlisne status say before approval? Did it say "Resumed" or something else?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

ramtajogi_485: enjoy your new life style....

QUESTION: are you saying you didn't even responded to the RFE and got approved? What were they asking?

Thank You.

Congratulations!!

Congratulations and thank you for letting us know. It really gives encouragement and hope to the rest of us who are waiting....

Got the receipt

Hello All ,

Just an update we recieved our receipts today after 7 days of online approval, the receipts came through on our new address (moved to WA from TX) which I had recently changed due to change in jobs which meant change in attorneys as well, so all the new information was on there, I had the attorneys do the address change, and I called in for the address change myself on the 1800 number, I actually updated the address in January this year and the approval came on feb 6th with the new address which is good,also the address for stamping is in WA and not in TX which is good as well.

Any tips on what we need to take for stamping and so on.. Best of luck to everyone.

Experience at GC stamping.

Hello all below is the pointwise breakdown of necessary docs and also the experience at the stamping for everyone's benefit

The following docs were needed and I was asked for, and also some tips to help out:

1. Photocopy of front page of Passport.
2. Photocopy of Drivers License.
2. 2 photographs ADIT style, 3 if your passport is expiring pretty soon ~ 6 months.
4. Approval Notice, which has your home address on it, i.e. the courtesy copy.
5. All prior and current EAD's in orginal.
6. All current Advance Parole Docs in original.
7. It is helpful if an appointment be taken for a visit to this office,this has been made effective sep 15 2003 at Seattle location, an Appointment can be made by calling 1 800 375 5283, by making an appointment one can show up at the time of appointment and the process does not take more than an hour at best, however if no appointment is made, it can take upto 6 hrs, with no guarentee of stamping the same day depending on the rush. The office opens at 7.15 AM it is better to be present atleast half an hour before such time. There are seperate lines for with and without appointment, the latter being much longer.
8. I was informed that it may take upto 12 months to receive my card, I may receive it sooner though.

It took me no longer than 30 mins as ours was the 7.30 Am appt, and went pretty smoothly, the IIO was pretty friendly, and seemed to know what to do and say when the process was completed. I believe an appt should be available at every local INS office, it would not hurt to call in advance, I had called 3 days in advance before they gave me today's date.

This sums up my experience, today, hope everyone has good luck with their approvals and stamping, will keep you all informed when I actually get the Card.

:)