485 Approved - thanks

kaleam00

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

I have been a passive member of this forum for past few months.
485 got approved for me and my wife yesterday.

Just want to share my info for the benefit of others.

EB1-C

For me
140 ND 04/28/2006 AD 07/18/2006 (TSC)

765/131/485 ND 09-22-2006 (TSC)
FP Code 3 - 10/06/2006
765 AD 10/03/2006
131 AD 10/12/2006
485 AD 10/12/2006
Card Received ??

For my wife
FP Code 3 - 10/06/2006
765 RFE for Copy of Marriage Certi 09/29 RFE Response sent 10/11/2006 AD ??
131 AD 10/12/2006
485 AD 10/12/2006
Card Received ??

Congrats!!! Less than a month for I-485 approval... I can't believe these processing dates! :) Almost makes you wonder if it was worth it to file I-131 and I-765... ;)

civ2ru

Do you know whether the name check is done before or after the FP check? I'm hoping the recent LUD's on my case are perhaps indicative of the name check being done.

Thanks, TempusFugit.

kaleam00 said:
Hi All

I have been a passive member of this forum for past few months.
485 got approved for me and my wife yesterday.

Just want to share my info for the benefit of others.

EB1-C

For me
140 ND 04/28/2006 AD 07/18/2006 (TSC)

FP Code 3 - 10/06/2006
765 AD 10/03/2006
131 AD 10/12/2006
485 AD 10/12/2006
Card Received ??

For my wife
FP Code 3 - 10/06/2006
765 RFE for Copy of Marriage Certi 09/29 RFE Response sent 10/11/2006 AD ??
131 AD 10/12/2006
485 AD 10/12/2006
Card Received ??

Congrats!

I am seeing second case of EB1-C approved in such a short time. Thats great. May be this may happen to other categories too (EB1-A, EB1B).

Anyway enjoy your approval.

Arydk

Congrats

Congrats Kaleem...

This is almost identical timeline to mine. TSC is doing great.

Civ2ru: Agree that EAD and AP are a waste of resources if AOS happens this
fast.

Arydk: My hypotheses has 2nd success. Let us watch your case

Tempus: Namecheck and FP check start at the same time. You get LUD after FP however no LUD after Namecheck. I feel FBI is true when they say 80 percent of the cases get cleared in less than 72 hours and almost 90 percent in less than 2 weeks. I feel, the other 10 percent are very active in forums such as these as they try to get their NC cleared. That sometimes gives the impression that Namecheck is a dreaded process step.

Good luck all.

Congrats! Yeah, I am one of those in the remaining 10% stuck in name check. Also, VSC probably sucks. Even my EB1-OR I-140 took 10 months to get approved (No RFEs though).

Name check is a dreaded process for the unlucky ones like myself:)

EB1India said:
Congrats Kaleem...

This is almost identical timeline to mine. TSC is doing great.

Civ2ru: Agree that EAD and AP are a waste of resources if AOS happens this
fast.

Arydk: My hypotheses has 2nd success. Let us watch your case

Tempus: Namecheck and FP check start at the same time. You get LUD after FP however no LUD after Namecheck. I feel FBI is true when they say 80 percent of the cases get cleared in less than 72 hours and almost 90 percent in less than 2 weeks. I feel, the other 10 percent are very active in forums such as these as they try to get their NC cleared. That sometimes gives the impression that Namecheck is a dreaded process step.

Good luck all.

Hi,

Strange point is that I didnot get a LUD on 485 after the FP. Is this unusual? Am I looking for the LUD at the right place (i.e. I-485)?

Lets watch, as EB1India says and hope something works out. It may be entirely possible that they are trying to quickly approve cases in a particular category (EB1-C) which may have small number of applications at this time? and may move to other categories later. That a guess base on what I saw earlier when I-140 were being approved.

Arydk

Arydk

i am yet to get my AP, even though they approved my EAD in 8 days......they made my expectations too high :)

LUD after FP

Hi Arydk,
LUD after FP (within 2 days) is pretty routine and I have not seen too many people not having this LUD. So, it might be a cause for follow up. Here is my suggestion:

1. Hope you are tracking the right Receipt Number (AP, EAD and 485 all have different Receipt No and you should track all 3).
2. If yes, do you remember whether you had any "Failure" when the agent was taking your FP ?.
3. If Not, you might want to check with FBI and USCIS in that order. FBI is very prompt in letting you know about the FP status.

EB1India,

Here is my response (in blue) to your questions/suggestions:

EB1India said:
Hi Arydk,
LUD after FP (within 2 days) is pretty routine and I have not seen too many people not having this LUD. So, it might be a cause for follow up. Here is my suggestion:

1. Hope you are tracking the right Receipt Number (AP, EAD and 485 all have different Receipt No and you should track all 3).

I am tracking both 485 & AP. I didnot apply for EAD.

2. If yes, do you remember whether you had any "Failure" when the agent was taking your FP ?.

Yes there were failures. For that reason they also took my FP on paper, just in case if digital fails. So in that case I do not have to travel (~3hr drive)

But that was not the case with my wife (NO LUD on her I-485 also).

3. If Not, you might want to check with FBI and USCIS in that order. FBI is very prompt in letting you know about the FP status.

How do you contact FBI regarding your FP status.

If possible let me know.

thanks very much.

Arydk

I did not have LUD after FP / Straight approval for 485

arydk said:
Hi,

Strange point is that I didnot get a LUD on 485 after the FP. Is this unusual? Am I looking for the LUD at the right place (i.e. I-485)?

Lets watch, as EB1India says and hope something works out. It may be entirely possible that they are trying to quickly approve cases in a particular category (EB1-C) which may have small number of applications at this time? and may move to other categories later. That a guess base on what I saw earlier when I-140 were being approved.

Arydk

Arydk

kaleam00 said:

Thanks very much for the information. Thats a relief for me.

We all are seeing a welcome trend in the GC processing with some of your cases, i.e. FP and name check are completed in matter of few days!

Thats great.

May be they are trying to approve the cases in a different way?

But its welcome sign.

Arydk

rollingstone said:
civ2ru, kaleam00,
Did you get LUD after NC was cleared?

TempusFugit said:
civ2ru
Do you know whether the name check is done before or after the FP check? I'm hoping the recent LUD's on my case are perhaps indicative of the name check being done.

No. In fact, most often (if the case is still within the processing times) the main indication that the name check was cleared is... well... approval. Since service centers don't seem to want to disclose the name check information any more... unless you're lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, congrats kaleam00, that's astonishingly fast! Our cases are in process at TSC so your post is very encouraging.

EB1India said:
Civ2ru: Agree that EAD and AP are a waste of resources if AOS happens this fast.

An online friend of mine even received his GC before the EAD arrived (jaw-dropped). Me, I'm not sure how long it will be before the day of my approval but for now haven't applied for either AP or EAD yet.

To people who haven't gotten any LUD after their FP: Same here, as I posted in another thread. I sure hope this no LUD thingy is an indication that things are going well for us, as civ2ru et al suggest...

geofu54 said:
To people who haven't gotten any LUD after their FP: Same here, as I posted in another thread. I sure hope this no LUD thingy is an indication that things are going well for us, as civ2ru et al suggest...

Just to clarify - no LUD after FP is not an indication that things are going well. Nor badly. It's not an indication of anything, just process.

Last edited by a moderator:
I485 Weird situation

I am not sure if any of you ran into the similar situation

EB1-India
I-140 Approved in 02/2006
FP Code 3 done for self and spouse
I-485 Approved on 09/29/2006 for my family
GC received for my spouse on 10/01/2006
FP code 2 done for my son
GC ordered for my son on 10/17/2006

I'm not sure why my GC is not ordered still

Called USICS couple of weeks back and they told me to wait until 10/26 before they take up this case for further investigation

Any information on this situation is highly appreciated

Thanks,
Sinna

civ2ru said:
Just to clarify - no LUD after FP is not an indication that things are going well. Nor badly. It's not an indication of anything, just process.

Well if it's not an indication that something is wrong, then that alone is good in itself (for now anyway) :p ;) .

geofu54 said:
Well if it's not an indication that something is wrong, then that alone is good in itself (for now anyway) :p ;) .

:) You are right. No news is good news. Good luck!

Cards ordered

I got the e-mails yesterday (10/17) about cards ordered and mailed for me and my wife.

"On October 17, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the
applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 30 days have passed and
you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your
address. To update your address, please call the National Customer
Service Center at (800) 375-5283."