485 Approved - Received Approval notice in mail

ss1123

Registered Users (C)
All,

I just checked my physical mail box, and was totally aghast to see the approval notice for 485. They seem to have mailed it on Nov 3.

LUD had changed on 11/02 and 11/03 , no msg change. Infact still no message change.

Don't know if 140 has been approved, maybe they sent the approval notice to my lawyers.

This is weird, but hey I will take it.

Anything to worry about here???
dasbabu and 485_pending, did you check you mailbox?

ss1123,

That's great news. Let me the first one to congratulate you.

Congratulations. Hope others waiting (including me) follow you.

My case details

140/485 conc EB2 RD 01/22/2004

LC Approved Dec 2003, LC filed Oct 2001

ss1123:: I received my courtesy notice as well

As you said in ur earlier mail I don't know about the 140. Must have been approved and sent to the lawyers..

Same situation...

Hi all,

Congratulations ss1123.. :)

I have a similar case, 485 approved, status message says approved. LUD changed 11/03(both 140 and 485) and 11/04(485 only) also got emails. No status on 140 though still the same old message: "we received..."

Is it possible to have I485 approved w/o I140 being approved first?

Case Details:
EB3(subs)
I-140 RD: 11/20/2003 (LUD changed 11/03/04)
I-485 RD: 03/29/2004 AD: 11/03/2004 (LUD changed 11/03/04 and 11/04/04)

told you, and congrat again!

ss1123 said:
All,

I just checked my physical mail box, and was totally aghast to see the approval notice for 485. They seem to have mailed it on Nov 3.

LUD had changed on 11/02 and 11/03 , no msg change. Infact still no message change.

Don't know if 140 has been approved, maybe they sent the approval notice to my lawyers.

This is weird, but hey I will take it.

Anything to worry about here???
dasbabu and 485_pending, did you check you mailbox?

Told you you would be approved. See now.

Anyway, enjoy your freedom.

ss1123, Congratulations.
Are you saying the online messages still didn't change after the approval mail.

Congratulations to all of you (who got the approvals).
For me, no change in message so far.
Will check with the attorney on Monday (mine is only 140)

Congratulations ss1123, 485_pending and ash2k10

Congratulations ss1123, 485_pending and ash2k10. This is real good news. Hope it happens to everyone whose LUD got changed recently. My LUD got changed on 11/4 but no message change/no email/ no mail yet.

ss1123

hi ss1123,

Can u confirm your online message still says the same old?. mine, I'm waiting to check my physical mail box today and tomorrow. You got the mail in 2 days which means do you live in Southern california? I live in bayarea, don't know how long the mail takes? if at all any :)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my I140 Approval email on Nov 2nd and the online message says that approval notice sent on 1st Nov.
Its been a week I havent received the approval notice as yet , neither my lawyer?

I live in BayArea ...Do you think it takes this much time to come via mail ?

Also ,

I filed semi concurrent-After Filing I140 I moved and did file AR11 for address changed and subsequently I filed my 485/AP/EAD etc for which all other docs came from USCIS within 3 days...
Wondering if I140 is sent to the old address? How does USCIS maintain applicant's address? is it per application/case wised address or centrallized addresse/profile and all cases takes reference from that address?

Received courtesy copy in mail

Online status said that notice was posted on 11/03/04 i am in bay area.. got in mail today 11/08/04. Thats should give an idea how much time it takes. However, the letter is "postmarked" 11/05/04 Laguna Niguel Post Office.

Hope this helps.

ash2k10,

Thanks I hope I should received the mail today ?

So have you got 485 approval as well along with I140 ?

findgc

I live in the bay area, the postmark was on 11/03 and I received the letter on 11/05

Thanks

ss1123, find_gc :: did ur case status get updated online

SS1123 & find_gc,
has ur case status updated online? My case status never got updated and I didn't get any e-mails either.
When I look up my case on the uscis web site it now says::

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.

One of my colleagues whose case was filed around the same time as mine got emails on friday(nov 5th) and his case status got updated online. He hasn't got the notice yet. Am trying to get in touch with my attorneys office but looks like no one is in a mood to pick up the phone...