485 Approved - Received Approval notice in mail

This happenes if the record is locked or some technical snag

485_pending,

It is usual technical snag, but you should be able to see the message max by tomorrow, it happend for my EAD receipt number long time back.

485_Pending

No change yet, I even went for the stamping, as I have to travel internationally next week.

LUD is still 11/04, no msg change, no emails received

Weird.....is the only way to describe this.

Morevover, it seems lawyers have not recvd the approval notice yet.

ss1123

did u go for stamping without making prior appointment? can you let me know where u got ur photographs done and what the process is?
I finally managed to talk to my lawyers(have two of them as the company switched immigration lawyers after filing the 140+485). The lawyer who filed the applictions has received my 140 approval notice. Neither of them have my 485 approvals though..

485_Pending

I was lucky to get an appt for today, someone must have cancelled

Photo: I went to a local store in mountain view, take the new ADIT phot specs, and you will be okay, this info is available on uscis website

The lady did a very shabby job on the stamping, the expiration date of stamp is hardly visible...hope the immig officers dont give me a hard time for that.

ss1123

I know that they take finger prints when u go for stamping, can u let me know which fingers they take the print off? I have a cut on my left hand index finger, don't know if I should hold off until it heals..

findgc said:
hi ss1123,

Can u confirm your online message still says the same old?. mine, I'm waiting to check my physical mail box today and tomorrow. You got the mail in 2 days which means do you live in Southern california? I live in bayarea, don't know how long the mail takes? if at all any :)

Thanks

I received email approval on Nov 3, and I received my approval notice in mail today. I live in bay area too, so I guess it takes about 5 days?!

Desiinusa said:
I got my I140 Approval email on Nov 2nd and the online message says that approval notice sent on 1st Nov.
Its been a week I havent received the approval notice as yet , neither my lawyer?

I live in BayArea ...Do you think it takes this much time to come via mail ?

Also ,

I filed semi concurrent-After Filing I140 I moved and did file AR11 for address changed and subsequently I filed my 485/AP/EAD etc for which all other docs came from USCIS within 3 days...
Wondering if I140 is sent to the old address? How does USCIS maintain applicant's address? is it per application/case wised address or centrallized addresse/profile and all cases takes reference from that address?

I don't think you will get I140 approval. It is your company's petition so it goes to your lawyer and your company, not you....However I485 notice will go to you.

ss1123 said:
I was lucky to get an appt for today, someone must have cancelled

Photo: I went to a local store in mountain view, take the new ADIT phot specs, and you will be okay, this info is available on uscis website

The lady did a very shabby job on the stamping, the expiration date of stamp is hardly visible...hope the immig officers dont give me a hard time for that.

ss1123, can you let me know how you can make an early appointment? I made my apointment through infopass and the earliest you can get is 2 weeks later. I also need to travel internationally but it will be in Dec. However I want to do stamping ASAP so the real card will be ordered sooner and I will have a bigger chance to get it before I travel. Also, you took the frontal style photo, right?

dont know about I140 this was I485

Desiinusa said:
ash2k10,

Thanks I hope I should received the mail today ?

So have you got 485 approval as well along with I140 ?

I got I485 approval in mail. It also states that it is a courtesy copy and originals, along with other documentation (i am hoping I-140 etc), were mailed to my attorney. I dont think we will get an approval notice directly for I-140 since it belongs to the sponsor.

Good Luck.

Approved

I received emails just now that my I-140 and I485 have been approved!
I-140 EB3 Jan26 2004
I-485 Jan26 2004

Same as Chogyip's date!

NO RFE!. LUD was on 10/27 and 11/4
It was nice to know unitednations/chongyip and others. Hang on there folks. Your turn will be soon.

VINUGUPTA94 said:
I received emails just now that my I-140 and I485 have been approved!
I-140 EB3 Jan26 2004
I-485 Jan26 2004

Same as Chogyip's date!

NO RFE!. LUD was on 10/27 and 11/4
It was nice to know unitednations/chongyip and others. Hang on there folks. Your turn will be soon.

Congratualtions Vinugupta94! Yeah, we have the same RD. I got my approval notice in mail today. You should get yours soon! Glad that you didn't have RFE. I had RFE on my I140 in March. That was a nightmare....Glad that it is over.

ss1123

ss1123 said:
No change yet, I even went for the stamping, as I have to travel internationally next week.

LUD is still 11/04, no msg change, no emails received

Weird.....is the only way to describe this.

Morevover, it seems lawyers have not recvd the approval notice yet.

Hi ss1123...

When did you go for stamping?
When did you take an appt for stamping or did you just go stand in the line early morning?

as2k

Hi did make an appt through infopass, I tried on saturday and luckily there was an opening for 11:15 on Monday..so it worked out

I travel a lot on business, and am traveling next week so my lawyer asked me to get the stamp ASAP

485_Pending

No changes even now. But I am not worrying about it anymore, my lawyers received both 140 and 485 approval notices..

Now just waiting for the card, still not happy about the stamp. The date is like invisible...

The letter asks you to go for stamping between 6:00 am and 12:00 noon. I got one in the afternoon. Is that OK?