485 approved...No status about 140

bjsp,

Congrats...Enjoy...

There is NO conclusive evidence that the I-140 “was NOT approved”.

The ONLY thing we know as of now is that the I-140 approval has NOT been received yet and/or the on-line status has NOT changed to "approved" yet.

Most probably, the I-140 has already been approved. We just need to wait for confirmation...NOT a BIG deal...I-485 approval is what counts...

Just my 2 cents…

Congrats...Enjoy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-approved labour from which company.

BJSP,
Can you please tell me where did you get your pre-approved labour from. I am interested in getting one. If you get the pre-approved labour from the company other than the company you are working currently, during which stage(140/485 ) should you be there with the company which issued you a pre-approved labour.

Thanks in advance.

Just repeat of the same case again in December 2 2004 485 approved but no info bout 140 ...awaiting the notice now..yahoooo

485 approved no status change on 140

Hi

My case is similar to this case. I have got my 485 approved but no status known on 140. Do I need to initiate an enquiry.

Thanks

Ravi

EB3 VSC
07/04 - ND 140/485
02/05 - FP
05/05 - 485 approved
Waiting for 140 approval

485 approved no status on I-140 - VSC

I too got my 485 approved on May 16th 2005. No status on I-140. I asked my company and my laywer and they did not receive anything about i-140.
Any other comments on this?
thanks

Congratulations Dasmu on the green card approval. 485 can't be approved till 140 is approved so your 140 is also approved.

Ravijx said:
Congratulations Dasmu on the green card approval. 485 can't be approved till 140 is approved so your 140 is also approved.

Thanks. My application was filed in the Vermont. I did concurrent filing of 485 and 140. If this helps at all.

Just wanted to say to all those that are still waiting:
"Don't give up and keep your faith (regardless of religion)! That will be your best revenge to this immigration system. Whenever you are feeling down, remember they want you to give up and you will not fullfill their wishes!"

For all those who had 485 approval first:

For all those who had 485 approval first:
I too was in that category till yesterday. 485 got approved on 23 May morning,
and I was wondering for whole day about my 140. Then lo, behold, 140 approval
email arrived at night on the same day !!!
So I guess. generally, if 485 is approved, 140 is also approved prior to
that and its just a matter of time before they send it out.

dasmsu said:
Thanks. My application was filed in the Vermont. I did concurrent filing of 485 and 140. If this helps at all.

Just wanted to say to all those that are still waiting:
"Don't give up and keep your faith (regardless of religion)! That will be your best revenge to this immigration system. Whenever you are feeling down, remember they want you to give up and you will not fullfill their wishes!"

Approval notice not yet recieved

Hi

Though my 485 was approved on 5th May 2005 , I have not yet recieved the approval notice. On May 28th 2005, the website status changed to say that "Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on May 27, 2005. To update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283." I called up National Customer Service Center on May 27th immedietly and I updated my latest address in their records. The customer support representative said that she is going to put a request for a redelivery of the approval notice at the new address. However since then I have neither recieved the approval notice by mail nor has the website status changed to reflect that your approval notice has been mailed. Could someone suggest what must be the course of action. I have asked my attorney to get in touch with USCIS and find out the status. I am also trying to contact USCIS but not been able to get the connection.

Thanks

-- Ravi

Last edited by a moderator: