485 approved...No status about 140

bjsp

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
My case is pretty interesting. Please read and let me know your thoughts.

We filed concurrent filing (140 & 485) using a pre-approved labour March 2003. Now we received notice saying 485 is approved for my wife. This is employment based and I haven't got the notice yet. May be I will get it tomorrow or so...
But we haven't got the 140 approved yet...Isn't it weird? Can I believe this approval. The priority date stated in the approval notice is April 2001.

Is this happened to anyone else? Please explain. I have to speak my lawyer yet.

I checked the website and 800. Both 140 and 485 not approved there...Please comment.

Thanks,
bjsp.

I am following up my post again..

Is this because, my wife don't have 140 filed and I have 140 filed for me.

Thanks,
bjsp.

bjsp said:
I am following up my post again..

Is this because, my wife don't have 140 filed and I have 140 filed for me.

Thanks,
bjsp.

Congratulations! You got lucky!

approved

Mine is pre-approved labor
140 & 485 Filed March 2003 - Concurrent
Finger print April 2003
EAD and AP approved in May 2003
140 NOT APPROVED YET
485 APPROVED BOTH OF US(MYSELF AND MY WIFE).

No idea how this happened...140 not approved and 485 approved.

We are going for stamping tomorrow to Newark. Please post any of your experiences. Lawyer asked me to be there around 5 AM.

sp.

bjsp said:
Finger print April 2003
140 NOT APPROVED YET

We are going for stamping tomorrow to Newark. Please post any of your experiences. Lawyer asked me to be there around 5 AM.

sp.

Congratulations bjsp !!

It is indeed most surprising to see 485 approval with PENDING I-140. This is not supposed to happen. But, if it has, you are one lucky guy. Enjoy !

Please do post from which center you got approval.

sertra2002

congrats bjsp

your case sure is very interesting and strange. this is the first time i have heard of a case like this but this does appear to be a concurrent file adjudication.

what is very important right now is for us to know what center approved this.

i think your 140 approval will follow. your and wife's 485 approval all should be appoved only after 140 is approved so it is possible you have actually got approved as a concurrent file.

when did u fp last ? also please mention that.

and congratulations again. i hope we see more cases like urs.

Congrats!

It's new memo effect. I belive that 140 also aproved with 485 and your Auttorney will get the notice shotly.
please post the update details after stamping..........

bjsp said:
Finger print April 2003
140 NOT APPROVED YET

sp.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are one lucky guy...

bjsp said:
Hi All,
My case is pretty interesting. Please read and let me know your thoughts.

We filed concurrent filing (140 & 485) using a pre-approved labour March 2003. Now we received notice saying 485 is approved for my wife. This is employment based and I haven't got the notice yet. May be I will get it tomorrow or so...
But we haven't got the 140 approved yet...Isn't it weird? Can I believe this approval. The priority date stated in the approval notice is April 2001.

Is this happened to anyone else? Please explain. I have to speak my lawyer yet.

I checked the website and 800. Both 140 and 485 not approved there...Please comment.

Thanks,
bjsp.

You are one lucky guy...it's also a good news for DEC 02/JAN 03 waiters for it sounds like our turn is getting closer.

Bizzare Operations

It is really unbelievable, but congratulations to BJSP.

Does anyone have any idea how people in those offices operate? My 485 is pending at VSC since Jan 2002, I have already done two FPs (May 2002, May 2004), and here's someone who filed in 2003 and has been approved already. Another friend of mine filed in Aug 2002 and they also got approved/stamped already!

I have no idea what-so-ever as to their operations! :confused: :confused:

ganeshoak said:
Does anyone have any idea how people in those offices operate? I have no idea what-so-ever as to their operations! :confused: :confused:

I guess it all depends on your 'stars', if you know what I mean ;).

approved in Vermont

Approved in Vermont. I got my stamping completed last week.

bjsp.

Is the priority date you mentioned the date you first filed your LC?

If true, will priority date have any effect on how soon you case will be adjudicated. For example, if your LC takes much longer time than others, your I-485 may take shorter to approve. I am randomly guess. :)

Did you ask the lawyer or the company?

Did your lawyer or your company recieve the I-140 approval? The beneficiary will not receive the I-140 approval, it always goes to the sponsor, or the lawyer. Don't rely only on the online status. There have been more and more cases where the online status is incorrect.