485 approved - EB2

techy2468

Registered Users (C)
my friend got his 485 approved....his PD was june 2002.

his notice said that he will get his visa/card in 90 days.....i will post the updates about his case..

techy2468 said:

his notice said that he will get his visa/card in 90 days.....i will post the updates about his case..

If your friend is from non-retrogressed country (EB2), then i'm not surprized.

no...he is from india.....but I-485 approval is not dependent on retrogression.....visa number is......so i think he will have to wait to get GC till his PD becomes current..

incorrect, read the DOS bulletin on that

however in this case find out more details, if they are going to get out jan bulletin with that PD then it is still a possibility
techy2468 said:
no...he is from india.....but I-485 approval is not dependent on retrogression.....visa number is......so i think he will have to wait to get GC till his PD becomes current..

It is more logical that EB2, India will have cut of date, June 2002 in January 2006 visa buletine !!! Wait and watch !!!!
Any way good sign

techy2468 said:

Pls keep us posted

techy2468 said:

I had a similar (well sorta) experience today

I had my AOS interview at Manchester, NH field office today. Due to certain pecuiliarities in my case, the adjudicating officer needed a "concurrence" from his supervisor (basically that is a sign-off from the head honcho of the office, based on reccomendation to approve from the adjudicating officer - Per the adjudicating officer)
Acording to the officer, it is just a formaility, but unfortunately the supervisor was away to the Boston District Office today, returning tommorow.... He said my case WILL be approved tommorow when she returns, and I should get an approval notice in the mail no later than next week, and that my wife & I will have to come to Manchester to get our passports stamped. He took away our I-94s, EAD cards (except the most recent ones) and told us to hang on to them till next week, after which we would not need them anyways....

Ofcourse I did not raise the question of EB2 Visa cutoff dates.... but the officer just sounded VERY affirmative that we would get our passports stamped next week

What do the forum members think of that?

Opinions/Viewpoints Please

vsaksena said:
I had a similar (well sorta) experience today

I had my AOS interview at Manchester, NH field office today. Due to certain pecuiliarities in my case, the adjudicating officer needed a "concurrence" from his supervisor (basically that is a sign-off from the head honcho of the office, based on reccomendation to approve from the adjudicating officer - Per the adjudicating officer)
Acording to the officer, it is just a formaility, but unfortunately the supervisor was away to the Boston District Office today, returning tommorow.... He said my case WILL be approved tommorow when she returns, and I should get an approval notice in the mail no later than next week, and that my wife & I will have to come to Manchester to get our passports stamped. He took away our I-94s, EAD cards (except the most recent ones) and told us to hang on to them till next week, after which we would not need them anyways....

Ofcourse I did not raise the question of EB2 Visa cutoff dates.... but the officer just sounded VERY affirmative that we would get our passports stamped next week

What do the forum members think of that?

Opinions/Viewpoints Please

I am confused ??? Does'nt I-485 approval mean that your GC is approved with the stamp on the passport. The actual physical Green card then comes in the mail.

What are you all talking about ? If you have the AOS interview does,nt it imply that your PD is actually current i.e. visa number is available for processing?

Please clarify.....

Same Experience Today at Chicago...

local office where my case got transferred last year - EB2 PD Sep 2000 (current cutoff is July 2000 I think) - she took fingerprints, kept I-94 and said I need to wait for visa number to become current before passport can be stamped.
In any case nothing happens till Jan because the current cutoff does apply till all of December - hopefully you guys' experience does suggest that the new visa bulletin will show some movement for EB2.

well seems like the AOS interview doesn't have much to do with the PD

indio0617 said:
I am confused ??? Does'nt I-485 approval mean that your GC is approved with the stamp on the passport. The actual physical Green card then comes in the mail.

What are you all talking about ? If you have the AOS interview does,nt it imply that your PD is actually current i.e. visa number is available for processing?

Please clarify.....

As is evident from my signature, my PD is not current (it is Aug 2002), yet I did get interviewed today. As a matter of fact, my file was transferred to Boston & from there to Manchester from VSC in the last week of Sept, and my interview notice was sent AFTER retrogression happened (Oct 27th); I am just trying to make some sense of the madness that is USCIS....

what would make the officer say that my case would be approved tommorow? (just an error?)

Deepdip - Question

deepdip said:
local office where my case got transferred last year - EB2 PD Sep 2000 (current cutoff is July 2000 I think) - she took fingerprints, kept I-94 and said I need to wait for visa number to become current before passport can be stamped.
In any case nothing happens till Jan because the current cutoff does apply till all of December - hopefully you guys' experience does suggest that the new visa bulletin will show some movement for EB2.

So what did the officer say at the end of your interview? Did she say your case was approved? or approvable? or what? When was your interview scheduled?
Do you get any documentation. to prove that all formailities are completed?

Eb2 sep2000 in jan is a sure possibility, post your approval before you go partying..

:)
deepdip said:

She didn't provide any documentation and I didn't ask for any - she fingerprinted me and kept my I-94 - she said I wouldn't have to come in for another interview but I would be contacted when visa numbers became current.
My interview was scheduled on sep 30th (great timing right?) for Dec 6th.

Great news for you, even if you may have to wait for a bit! I think it signifies good progress for EB2 numbers. I think the initial posting of the cut-off dates was unrealistic, and it may have been because of poor book-keeping at their end. If they had their way they may have liked to date it to the 1950s, just to start afresh with a clean slate! With the sheer numbers available before, they did not really need to do the math anyway! Great news on EB2 numbers, the rest will follow soon!!!

EB2 progress very optimistic!

vsaksena said:
As is evident from my signature, my PD is not current (it is Aug 2002), yet I did get interviewed today. As a matter of fact, my file was transferred to Boston & from there to Manchester from VSC in the last week of Sept, and my interview notice was sent AFTER retrogression happened (Oct 27th); I am just trying to make some sense of the madness that is USCIS....

what would make the officer say that my case would be approved tommorow? (just an error?)
This is interesting! EB2 may progress sooner than all projections! Hopefully, it will all be a moot point anyway, given the provisions from S.1932 (the original one). May Senator Arlen Specter have a long, productive life and may his cancer never return! :)

he got his Green Card yesterday....THE CARD...

his 485 was apprved on nov 21 , his processing center was texas

RFE responded - EB2 - Retrogess...

We did repond to our RFE in November with no hope, But after reading this thread it gives me some hope that our cases can be approved. 12/1, 12/2 there were LUD changes on the primary case and stopped then.

Any speculations for us. Please provide your feed back.

EB2 - INDIA PD - 11/2001 - NSC
I 485 ND - 8/2003, RFE - 8/25/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Travel to India for dependent with different ND than primary applicant..

Is there any risk in my wife's travelling to India in january on an advance parole?

It looks like the Jan visa bulletin shows EB2 PD as jan 2001 - I've already been interviewed and fingerprinted 3 days ago at Chicago LO- my wife's 485 was filed after we got married (in June 2004), and I'm told (by some people) that her priority date is not the same as mine (Sep 2000) but instead June 2004 because of the separate filing - this means she probably wont get approved while she is in India anyway, but would it create a problem if she did? What happens when an advance parole holder gets approved while away.

Let me know what you guys think.

What is his PD?????

techy2468,

Can u give his details PD or I140/I485 RD??????

Category EB2
PD APR 2002 :rolleyes:
I140 RD 10/04/2005 AD 02/07/2005 :D
I485 RD 10/04/2005 AD????? :mad:

techy2468 said:
he got his Green Card yesterday....THE CARD...

his 485 was apprved on nov 21 , his processing center was texas

jet_2004, infact he got his GC (ya the card), his pd is jun 2002, he is from india, i think texas service center, he is in florida.