485 approved - EB2

any approvals after interview?

I was interviewed in Chicago local office on Dec 6 about a year after my case transferred there - everything looked OK (I was fingerprinted, and they kept I-94) except I was told the EB2 priority date (Sep 2000) wasn't current so they couldn't approve me. Now it has been current since the Jan visa bulletin and I haven't heard a thing
Anyone had a similar experience or has suggestions on what I shluld do?
Thanks.

deepdip said:
I was interviewed in Chicago local office on Dec 6 about a year after my case transferred there - everything looked OK (I was fingerprinted, and they kept I-94) except I was told the EB2 priority date (Sep 2000) wasn't current so they couldn't approve me. Now it has been current since the Jan visa bulletin and I haven't heard a thing
Anyone had a similar experience or has suggestions on what I shluld do?
Thanks.

Deepdip,
As I mentioned earlier I interviewed with USCIS field office last month, Since my PD was not current, the adjudicating officer said he could not approve my case for lack of a VISA #, but he did say that all formailities have been taken care of & my AOS application was pretty much approved, just that I couldn't get my passport stamped, as there was no VISA # available.

the day my PD becomes current, he would have a formal approval letter sent to me, so that I could come over & get my passport stamped. He actually went so far as giving me his phone #, so that I could call him if I think that he somehow forgot to get that done, and then I could go down the same day and get the passport stamped

I would suggest you getting hold of the officer who interviewed you, and ask for the same

Hope that helps

Contacting Adjudicating Officer

Vsaksena:
Unfortunately I did not ask for any information that would allow me to contact the officer (or the officer) directly later. I have an infopass appointment on Tuesday to discuss this issue and will see how it goes - if they prove uncooperative I'll contact senators again.
Thanks for sharing your experience

Approved (I think!?!)

Got a I-181, creation of record of lawful permanent residence, notice (notice type:welcome notice with its own LIN** receipt no.) from NSC (even though i thought my case was in Chicago where I was interviewed) about a month after my Dec 6th interview - confused me a bit,but when I checked on the status of that receipt online, it says the case was approved and a new card was ordered.
If any of you think this is a head fake, please let me know before I get too happy - I expect only bad things now in this process so it wouldn't shock me if this is more convoluted than I think.
Regards friends.

Congratulations! Please keep us updated when you receive the physical card. Enjoy your freedom!

EA

deepdip said:
Got a I-181, creation of record of lawful permanent residence, notice (notice type:welcome notice with its own LIN** receipt no.) from NSC (even though i thought my case was in Chicago where I was interviewed) about a month after my Dec 6th interview - confused me a bit,but when I checked on the status of that receipt online, it says the case was approved and a new card was ordered.
If any of you think this is a head fake, please let me know before I get too happy - I expect only bad things now in this process so it wouldn't shock me if this is more convoluted than I think.
Regards friends.

Waiting for 485 approval EB2 PD: Sep 28 2001

I am assuming that my PD sep 28 2001 (EB2)will be current in the next bulletin. Applied 485 in Feb 2005 at VSC. If the priority date becomes current will my 485 get approved or should we have to wait for the Processing time at VSC to reach Feb 2005, it is currently dec 16th 2004.

IF anyone has any ideas how it goes from here, please let me know.

-Thanks
sai

sai05 said:
I am assuming that my PD sep 28 2001 (EB2)will be current in the next bulletin. Applied 485 in Feb 2005 at VSC. If the priority date becomes current will my 485 get approved or should we have to wait for the Processing time at VSC to reach Feb 2005, it is currently dec 16th 2004.

IF anyone has any ideas how it goes from here, please let me know.

-Thanks
sai

The processing time reported by service center is to aviod unncessary calls for the status updates. I belive, they should approve your 485 immediatly once cutoff date passes your PD, provided your 140 was approved and name check and FP checks are cleared.

Good luck in March. Send me box of sweets

Nae Chec

Thanks for your quick response. Our 140 is approved and we went for FP on April 21th 05.

I am not sure what do you mean by name check and FP checks should also be cleared. Can you explain in detail.

-Thanks,
Sai

Got my card in the mail today - approx 7-8 days after approval.
I wish you all the very best - please let me know if any of you have questions about my experience.