485 application accept or Reject?

dhanjyot10

Hi ,
My lawyer submitted my 485 application to Texas center on 29Th june.
The Texas center received it on 2nd july morning at 10.23 a.m.
But my priority date is 2005 september (EB2) , so will the application for AOS accepted or Rejected?

Just wish to know.

thanks
D'jay

As per my Lawyer, all applications that are currently pending with USCIS (any EB category irrespective of Jun or July filing) will be returned, since there are no available visa #...My application was filed on 14 Jun. Till today, the checks were not encashed....Sucks!!!!!

I have been told that if u'r application is received by end of month then u r fine. your application will be processed. Only not approved. U will get EAD/AP.

6/29 was the deadline for accepting AOS, any applications recevied after will be returned in a few days.

As per my Lawyer, all applications that are currently pending with USCIS (any EB category irrespective of Jun or July filing) will be returned, since there are no available visa #...My application was filed on 14 Jun. Till today, the checks were not encashed....Sucks!!!!!

If I was in your shoes, I would be very reluctant to trust anything your lawyer says. He obviously doesn't know what he is doing.

June 2007 AOS, EAD & AP

There have been conflicting information on the impact of the updated July visa bulletin on folks who filed for AOS, EAD and AP in june 2007. I asked attorney Murthy on her chat on monday night(July 2nd) and she said she would expect June filers should get EAD and AP. She also cautioned that the game rules were changed in between by releasing mid July bulletin and as such nothing can be taken for granted.

I have been going thru the posts and talking with friends(who spoke with their lawyers) and it is still not clear as the opinion seems to be divided between Whether the June applications will be processed for EAD and AP or would they be kept in stand still mode.

Gurus, Please enlighten us. I think based on the tracker updates (www.trackitt.com) we can get some clarity on this in the coming days.

Eagerly awaiting what the rest of the folks would say on this.

I am sorry to say this - but dont have high hopes on this - Most probably your application will be returned and you will have to file it again

How about Pre June applications? April, May?

This is so damn sad, so many hearts broken. And they say only love can cause you to be brokenhearted.

it is still not clear as the opinion seems to be divided between Whether the June applications will be processed for EAD and AP or would they be kept in stand still mode.

I don't see where all this confusion by attorneys comes from. EB3 has been unavailable in the very recent past, and I've personally seen three retrogressions in visa numbers. Every time, USCIS and INS handled I-485 applicants in a very consistent basis - if you had a pending I-485, no action would be taken, but they would continue to approve interim benefits like EADs and APs.

I don't anticipate anything different this time around, and I have no clue why the attorneys are so confused and unsure of what will happen.

TheRealCanadian,

I think the real question is for those cases filed in June buy have not been given any receipt notice yet...the check not cashed and etc by USCIS.

Under the present circumstances, will these cases be accepted and given a receipt notice ?

My I-485 package was sent to USCIS on June/13. No information or update after that.

So, we are scared if our package will be returned or will be accepted and taged a receipt or not ?

Every time, USCIS and INS handled I-485 applicants in a very consistent basis - if you had a pending I-485, no action would be taken, but they would continue to approve interim benefits like EADs and APs.

Couple of weeks ago I would say that you are 100% right and USCIS must act exactly as you think.
Unfortunately in June 2007 USCIS changed this practice and rejected cases for EB3 OTHER WORKERS, whose PD were current in June (PD < 2001).

I think that makes some people think that kind of the same may happen with June 2003 filers who does not have I-485 receipt yet.

My friend who applied in early June got her reciept after 2-3 weeks, all applications received at USCIS by 6/29 should be accepted. According to someone who spoked to an IO, it might take upto 45 days to get the reciept or returned applications.