485 and CP...

GCPlan

Registered Users (C)
Hello!
I have a question regarding 485 and CP. As I understand all dependents of h1 (i.e. whoever hold h4) should file for 485 alongwith the principal applicant. Is it possible to file for 485 for principle application and for Consulate Processing for wife if wife is not currently in US?

thanks!

That is possible. Use form I-824. But I think you can only file 824 for your spouse after your 485 is approved. Ask an attorney for more information.

Hello!
I have a question regarding 485 and CP. As I understand all dependents of h1 (i.e. whoever hold h4) should file for 485 alongwith the principal applicant. Is it possible to file for 485 for principle application and for Consulate Processing for wife if wife is not currently in US?

thanks!

That is possible. Use form I-824. But I think you can only file 824 for your spouse after your 485 is approved. Ask an attorney for more information.
Well, if the 485 is approved, that means GC is done. Can you still add spouse after that? Doesn't that come under the family GC and takes years more?

You have to file 485 for both together only then you get the GC for both together (or nearly at the same time). Right?
So what I am asking is if I am filing 485 (obviously, my PD has to be current only then I can file 485), instead of filing 485 for spouse, can I file CP for her?