485 and change of company

sameerg

Hi guys:

I just filed my I-485 a week ago and I got a full-time permanent offer from another company. My current company is willing to continue my 485 processing provided I come back to them once I get my green card. I would like to know from you guys if it is legal to do so. My employer has no problems with me leaving the company now as I am currently between the assignments. He also told me that there is no need to inform INS about the change in employment as he is willing to continue my green card processing. Please let me know if I can do this.

Thanks is advance,
Sameer

Changing with new H1 or EAD

When you change company are you planning to change with H1 or planning to work on EAD.

Thanks,

485/New job

sammer_kk: You have mentioned:
1. You have filed 485 with co. A, and they are willing to take you back to after 485 approval.

2. You have a FULL TIME offer from co. B, and you are planning to join them until your 485 is apporved.

It doesn\'t make sense. Why do you want to join co. B for an interim period? Unless co. A is laying you off, there is no reason for the change.

If you are not forced to change to co. B, staying with co. A is advisable. This is because, in case there is an interview, it will be obvious that you were with co. A, changed to co. B, and will go back to co. A upon approval. Anybody might raise the question, why in the first place you went to B. If the answer is - "co.A was not doing well at that time" - then how will they be able to offer you full time permanent job now? Obviously your 485 is in question/danger

Assuming you are getting laid off, well, you don\'t have a choice. You need to join co. B, but the option would be: after six months, co. B\'s offer can be substituted for A\'s offer and 485 can be approved using AC21.