4 Weeks No letter...

Brenglen

Registered Users (C)
hey guys,

well on January 23th 2007 I had my interview and well the Officer told me that he would send me a decison in 4 weeks (maybe 6 but highly unlikely) and well 4 weeks have passed and no letter...

So what do I do now?

Last edited by a moderator:
No letter

I am in the same situation. Had my interview on Jan 22nd 2007, and haven't heard nothing. The officer told me that it I should hear from them in 2 weeks or so but is it now a month. Very frustrating!:mad:

Do you think I should make an Infopass?

I am in the same situation. Had my interview on Jan 22nd 2007, and haven't heard nothing. The officer told me that it I should hear from them in 2 weeks or so but is it now a month. Very frustrating!:mad:

Ahh....have you talked to anyone or anything lately?

no letter

Nothing, still waiting. :confused: I think i will wait for another month then give them a call.

4 weeks is nothing....

Do you think I should make an Infopass?

Ahh....have you talked to anyone or anything lately?

Brenglen,

No need to make an info pass, 4 weeks equals to one hour in USCIS time zone, so you better relax and enjoy your life...:rolleyes: There is no need to be anxious, because their decision isn't holding your from doing anything does it?:confused: If you have an EAD card, you better be working and stop whining about when they are going to make their decision.... or rush them to wrath against you....:eek:

I think you people need to learn to relax and stop complaining for each and every little thing that USCIS does... Have you ever thought of the fact that the officer might be on vacation? Have you ever thought about the fact that he's been working for the immigration for 20 yrs and hasn't taken any vacation in 7 yrs, now he decided to take 6 weeks?:confused: So, your 4 weeks falls within his vacation time frame? At times, a little common sense is all that people ask for, wouldn't you concur? :rolleyes:

Al,
Preach it on......I think alot of folks do not have patience. This is a virtue that everyone needs especially when dealing with the govt.

Kasonde and Breng.......all the best.

Thanks guys,

Well I did something today and well heres the thing you all say to be Patient but why would the Immirgation Officer tell you 4 Weeks but really it could take 3 months, that to me doesn't make sence, I called my Congressman today and he told me that he is going to get right on it, he has talked to an immirgation Officer and said the officer will get back to him real soon.

Being Patient is one thing but someone telling you whats going to happen but not actually going to happen is another...I miss my family, friends and I want to go to school that is whats pushing me to get something done.

FYI - I was approved at interview and my IO told me that I'd get my Green Card in 2 weeks. It actually it took 2 months.

FYI - I was approved at interview and my IO told me that I'd get my Green Card in 2 weeks. It actually it took 2 months.

I didnt even get approved, I had my interview on January 23rd and the officer said that i would receive a letter in 4 weeks on a decison.

If you weren't approved then I would say that "4 weeks" is a magical number plucked out of the IO's ass and really it could be any length of time. Why were you not approved? Name check or just they couldn't make a decision?

Make an InfoPass Appt.

Although I will probably get slammed by AlSouther here ;)

I would make an infopass appt. Although my situation was different.

Read my signature line and see what I had to do.

I went on 2/5 for interview but my marriage license was not what they wanted, (although the lady who helped us at the infopas appt yesterday) said it was fine. I then picked one up the next day and dropped it off on 2/6 since then, I had not gotten an email or nothing...finally....

My husband and I made the infopass and was told that what happens is, if there is a missing document the application folder gets filed in a draw and is pulled when that officer or another one picks it out, she then said she would bring it to his attention and hopefully I would get something soon, BUT by me going there and bringing it to their attention, it was pulled, thank god, and I got an email last night stating the welcome letter and both I130 and I485 were approved.

I know they tell you wait, wait, wait, but if you have waited a while, it doesn't hurt to make an appt and check out what is going on, that is why they made Infopass.

God luck to all.