3 yr Diploma + 3 Yr BE

Smog

Can you provide the URL for this post by kissaGCka ?

smog said:
Meraharapatta,

check this out, sounds like our case

kissaGCka
Registered User Join Date: May 2006

Hi friends,

I followed this thread unexpectedly today and went through all the posts. So wanted to share with you the news. MY I-140 was approved today in EB2. My education is 10+3+3 (engg).

smog said:
Meraharapatta,

check this out, sounds like our case

kissaGCka
Registered User Join Date: May 2006

Hi friends,

I followed this thread unexpectedly today and went through all the posts. So wanted to share with you the news. MY I-140 was approved today in EB2. My education is 10+3+3 (engg).

KissaGCKA.. Link
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=217893

He is from TSC not from NSC. That is the difference.

After 10+2 I got into second year of diploma in electronics.. and after completing 2nd and 3rd year .. I appeared an entrace exam specifically for Diploma holders and they can join only their respective specialization in my case it was Electronics and Communications. Its a 3years course.

With having 17 years of education , EB3 and with only 1yr exp I went through hell with NSC. That is the only reason I am asking you guys to be very cautious.. I know only two.. yes two guys in my situation got approvals if the ETA 15 column is empty.

Again I wish you guys good luck but if things goes bad don't curse your luck.. Curse your assumption with USCIS.

Thanks
KK

kriskish said:
KissaGCKA.. Link
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=217893

He is from TSC not from NSC. That is the difference.

After 10+2 I got into second year of diploma in electronics.. and after completing 2nd and 3rd year .. I appeared an entrace exam specifically for Diploma holders and they can join only their respective specialization in my case it was Electronics and Communications. Its a 3years course.

With having 17 years of education , EB3 and with only 1yr exp I went through hell with NSC. That is the only reason I am asking you guys to be very cautious.. I know only two.. yes two guys in my situation got approvals if the ETA 15 column is empty.

Again I wish you guys good luck but if things goes bad don't curse your luck.. Curse your assumption with USCIS.

Thanks
KK

Krishkish,

your degree was a 3 year course, my degree is a 4 year course. Anyways, I am prepared

check this out

Found it posted in Murthy.com forums

HappyGoLucky
Member posted April 05, 2005 03:19 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My company has shown interest in using one for their pre-approved LCs for my case.

I have a 3+3 degree. I did a diploma in engineering for 3 years and the got admission to the 2nd year of degree (in CS). The degree is B.E. (from India). The degree is no different from any other BE from India. I have a certificate from some education evaluators stating that.

Nyways the legal dept. came back saying that INS changed some of its policy on Indian 3 year bachelor’s degrees, and no longer consider these to be the equivalent of a US 4 year bachelor’s degree.

They have LCs subs that are for 4 yr degree.

And because I dont actually have a 4 year Bachelor’s degree, but a combination of degrees that are the equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree, I will not qualify for the existing LC subs.

They also said that INS will deny an I-140 petition where the beneficiary employee has a combination of degrees or years of experience that is the equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree, where the labor certification requirement states a Bachelor’s degree requirement.

Is this true? Is there something they are missing?

any help appreciate, thnx in advance...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member01
Member posted April 05, 2005 04:02 PM
I think since your degree is a 4 yrs degree, you shouldn't have any issues. Is it anywhere mentioned on the cirtificate that you got it in 3 years?

HappyGoLucky
Member posted April 05, 2005 05:05 PM
Nope its the same degree that other in my class got who did 12th and joined in 1st year. The degree certificate doesnt say anything but if you look at the transcripts, there are only 3 yr transcripts for degree and then another 3 yr for diploma.

I guess thats how they figure out.

Member01
Member posted April 06, 2005 09:50 AM
I also have similiar background, but my attorney says that's not a problem. As long as the degree is a 4 yrs one and you have your Education Evaluation done, it should be ok. which univ are you from? Again, they didn't have problem approving the H1B.

HappyGoLucky
Member posted April 06, 2005 10:48 AM
From mumbai university.

Yes they dint have problems apply H1B and I guess cuz the application is tailored to your condition.

Since I am going for a sub, it has to match whats in the original application.

I read in some other post that it would have been okay if the LC stated "or equivalent" for education.

Did you use an LC sub? Did your I140 went thru?

thnx...

Member01
Member posted April 06, 2005 11:13 AM
No, I am not using LC sub. My LC is still pending. You should discuss with you lawyer in detail, because the degree you have is a 4 yrs degree. It's just that you started from 2nd yr directly. what happens when someone goes to one place for the first year and then takes a transfer and goes to another place from 2nd year onwards. Again, if someone completes his 4yrs course in 5 years, the degree doesn't become a 5 yr degree.

HappyGoLucky
Member posted April 06, 2005 01:32 PM
Technically that may be true but how to explain that to INS. I searched and few forums and posted messages at other forums and found out that if the LC had stated "or equivalent" for degree than it was possbile to substitute my degree for BS.

Strange cuz all Indian degrees are BS equivalent. A 4 yr BE can directly be substituted for BS but a 4 yr BE after diploma can be substituted only as equivalent. :(

Member01
Member posted April 11, 2005 11:26 AM
HappyGoLucky,
can you send me your email id to my id prakash_km99@yahoo.co.in?

smog said:
Krishkish,

your degree was a 3 year course, my degree is a 4 year course. Anyways, I am prepared
Hey smog,
I was not sure about your degree.. This thread was for 3+3 so I thought your's is also 3+3. Anyway good luck again..
Thanks
KK

kriskish said:
Hey smog,
I was not sure about your degree.. This thread was for 3+3 so I thought your's is also 3+3. Anyway good luck again..
Thanks
KK

mine is 3 year diploma + 4 year degree. I got admitted to the second year of the BE degree (It still is a 4 year program).

My marksheets are from semester 3 to semester 8.

What about your BE marksheets

are they from semester 3 to 8 ?

or semester 1 to 6 ?

smog said:
mine is 3 year diploma + 4 year degree. I got admitted to the second year of the BE degree (It still is a 4 year program).

My marksheets are from semester 3 to semester 8.

What about your BE marksheets

are they from semester 3 to 8 ?

or semester 1 to 6 ?

Mine is 3yrs course.

1st Year - No semesters - Full one year
2nd year - I and II semesters
3rd year - I and II semesters.

HTH.
Thanks
KK

Krish kris,

yours is a totally different program.

Mine is a 4 year (8 semesters) Bachelor of chemical engineering program.

Mine is also 4 year (8 semesters) Bachelor of Engineering Program

smog said:
Krish kris,

yours is a totally different program.

Mine is a 4 year (8 semesters) Bachelor of chemical engineering program.

Prepare a backup PERM LC right away with a proper wording. NSC would deny 3 years degree. They expect single degree only.

First of all thanks for the great information sharing you guys are doing.
After searching a lot through diffrent forums,I have found this as the most releavent to my case.

My case details.

140 ndApril05/ludAaug05/PDDec1999/Sub Labor/eb3/TSC.
485 ndAug05/LUDsept05
Both 140 and 485 are pending.Even though I have renewed my EAD twice,My 6year limit in H1 is expiring on Jan07 and my company is filing for extension this week.I am still employed in H1.

Here are my qualifications.
3year Diploma.
3year BS Degree from BITS.(Part time)
3YEAR BBA Degree.(Part Time).

The only important document my attorney asked related to the filing of 140 was a year of experience letter from my previous employer,matching the skill set requested in the Labor.I was able to produce the same.Regarding the degree issue she said the labor allows the combination of qualification and experience and she was confident about the same.Eventhough I had 10 years of experience at the date of the labor filing,the labor asked only for 1 year of experience.
I do not remember seeing the actual ETA750.My case is still pending.

We have queried TSC 3 times.The only reply we get from them was my case is in "additional review".I guess I am struck in Security Check but they have not clearly said the same.Is there a chance I will be getting any RFE after waiting for 20 months once my additional review is completed.
If any of you have similar experience please share the same with me.

Good luck on your cases.

phoneix123 said:
First of all thanks for the great information sharing you guys are doing.
After searching a lot through diffrent forums,I have found this as the most releavent to my case.

My case details.

140 ndApril05/ludAaug05/PDDec1999/Sub Labor/eb3/TSC.
485 ndAug05/LUDsept05
Both 140 and 485 are pending.Even though I have renewed my EAD twice,My 6year limit in H1 is expiring on Jan07 and my company is filing for extension this week.I am still employed in H1.

Here are my qualifications.
3year Diploma.
3year BS Degree from BITS.(Part time)
3YEAR BBA Degree.(Part Time).

The only important document my attorney asked related to the filing of 140 was a year of experience letter from my previous employer,matching the skill set requested in the Labor.I was able to produce the same.Regarding the degree issue she said the labor allows the combination of qualification and experience and she was confident about the same.Eventhough I had 10 years of experience at the date of the labor filing,the labor asked only for 1 year of experience.
I do not remember seeing the actual ETA750.My case is still pending.

We have queried TSC 3 times.The only reply we get from them was my case is in "additional review".I guess I am struck in Security Check but they have not clearly said the same.Is there a chance I will be getting any RFE after waiting for 20 months once my additional review is completed.
If any of you have similar experience please share the same with me.

Good luck on your cases.

Hi phoneix123,

I have read a lot about security checks in the I-140 stage posted in this and other forums. However, I consulted a few lawyers and they told me that security and name checks happen in the I-485 stage.

Since your case is at TSC and not at NSC, I think there is a very good chance of approval withour a RFE.

Also, how is part time different from full time? total credit hours are the same correct?

Anyways, I wish goodluck with your 140 and 485, hopefully we will all be smiling ear to ear in about 4 months from now.

Regards,

Smog

Hi Smog,

Thanks for the reply.Yes the hours and the number of semesters would be the same.I will let you know if I hear anything good.If anybody else have any information about the possibility of getting an RFE after 20 months please post your experience.

phoneix123 said:
Hi Smog,

Thanks for the reply.Yes the hours and the number of semesters would be the same.I will let you know if I hear anything good.If anybody else have any information about the possibility of getting an RFE after 20 months please post your experience.

why don't you bump it up to premium?

mgupta2050 said:
I spoke to my lawyer and she says its not 30 days past the processing dates but its actually 30 days OF PROCESSING so what she meant is ---Wait untill they showup processing dates of 6/8 ( mine was filed 5/8 ) ....so its showing 5/30 now...so I am sure in next 2 weeks It will pass 6/8 and then my lawyer can make a call

Mgupta2050,

Any updates on your case? Did your attorney try calling NSC and check the status of your application as it's past the 30 days of processing time.

ebi2006 said:
Mgupta2050,

Any updates on your case? Did your attorney try calling NSC and check the status of your application as it's past the 30 days of processing time.
no update yet. I told my lawyer to all NSC as dates now showsup as 6/17/06 which is really weird. So far I got NO LUD change at all since my case was filed 5/5/06 ...All i show is 7/22 which was for many people robably a computerized LUD or so......

My lawer will make call to NSC next week so hopefully I will hear something

I will keeo you posted
what about u ?

mgupta2050 said:
no update yet. I told my lawyer to all NSC as dates now showsup as 6/17/06 which is really weird. So far I got NO LUD change at all since my case was filed 5/5/06 ...All i show is 7/22 which was for many people robably a computerized LUD or so......

My lawer will make call to NSC next week so hopefully I will hear something

I will keeo you posted
what about u ?

Thanks for the update. My I-140 (EB3) was filed on 06/23/2006 (RD and ND - same date) and i have to wait for some more time. My LUD is showing up as 08/12/2006. The current processing date is 06/13/2006. So hopefully i should hear in few weeks. Will keep you posted.

Hello,

I got my I-140 approved on the 9th in EB2 category. Thanks for contributing to this thread. Appreciate it.

Regards,

Smog