3 yr Diploma + 3 Yr BE

smog

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a 3 yr diploma in Mechanical engineering (Bombay, India) and a BE in Chemical engineering from university of Bombay (India). However After completing Diploma one gets admitted to the second year directly when starting your BE course (First year is waived).

My I-140 has been filed a couple of months ago in the EB2 category and it is at NSC.

I have over 10 years of work exp.

Just Curious to know if anybody else has Diploma and degree in engineering?

what are the chances of RFE on education? Will the NSC understand this?

Any Advice is appreciated.

Regards,

Smog

smog said:
Hi,

I have a 3 yr diploma in Mechanical engineering (Bombay, India) and a BE in Chemical engineering from university of Bombay (India). However After completing Diploma one gets admitted to the second year directly when starting your BE course (First year is waived).

My I-140 has been filed a couple of months ago in the EB2 category and it is at NSC.

Regards,

Smog
i have only 10+3 year diploma. I don't even have any degree at all nor I am 10+2. Mine 140 was filed May 5th.....and people here are getting approved from may-June and later..........Not sure what the hell is happening

smog said:
Hi,

Regards,

Smog

It should be OK. Because basically the Engeering degree in India is awarded at the end of 16 years.
All they check is whether you had 16 years of education before getting the graduation. It does not matter if it 10 + 2 + 4 or 10 + 3+ 3.

There is single degree problem in your case

Hi Tammy2,

Please clarify what single degree problem means. Mine is a 4 year BE engineering course. I got enrolled directly into year 2 because of my diploma.

Thanks,

Smog

smog said:
Hi Tammy2,

Please clarify what single degree problem means. Mine is a 4 year BE engineering course. I got enrolled directly into year 2 because of my diploma.

Thanks,

Smog

Yes that is correct. As it is said above since you have 16 years of education it should not matter. Do not go by 4-year degree and 3 year degree rhetoric. It is really matter of 16 years education or not.
Most probably You will get approval without RFE,

It is pity that some people have made it moneymaking business out of this scare.

stillwaiiting said:
Diploma is NOT acceptable. NSC accepts only college degree. Good luck.
Are you saying no diploma holder has ever got GC in USA ? it seem strange !!

What if the job requirement in labor says " no degree with couple yrs exp" and labor is approved !!! will it still be an issue ? why cann't it be approved in skill catageory !!

UN -- any comment here ?

mGupta,

It all depends on what is mention in your Labor. It is a crucial aspect. Also, trust me when I say this, Having a good knowledgeable lawyer is very very very very important along with a good educational evaluation.

Most of the denials are lawyer goof ups. So check you section 14 and 15 of ETA and see what is mentioned.

smog said:
Hi Tammy2,

Thanks,

Smog
Single degree problem comes because some degrees are issued at the end of 15 years. e.g B.A. ,B.Sc, B.COM. So people usually add one year courses or M.A. M.Sc etc to show it the equivalent 16 years of education. The problem here the degree was issued at the end of 15 years not after 16 years as in with most U.S. degrees. Problem comes mainly because not using proper wording during the Labor certification or Substitute Labors. Some people came out with solution of showing that last three years of education is equivalent of 4 years of US education.
This is happening particular with NSC. TSC is quite linient with this. I have not seen this is working with Nebraska.

But in your case case your degree is essentially a four year degree. One year you got the exemption because you studied one year extra during your diploma. So you got you degree at end of 16 years and your University says this degree is conferred at the end of 16 years. So you should not have the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
mgupta2050 said:
Are you saying no diploma holder has ever got GC in USA ? it seem strange !!

What if the job requirement in labor says " no degree with couple yrs exp" and labor is approved !!! will it still be an issue ? why cann't it be approved in skill catageory !!

UN -- any comment here ?

Mgupta2050,

What does the column 14 and 15 say in your ETA 750A form. If it says, no degree required with few years experience, I think you should not have any problem in getting your I-140 approved. I know one of my friend with 10+3year Diploma in Electroncis Engineering from India got his GC few years ago.

-Ebi

ebi2006 said:
Mgupta2050,

What does the column 14 and 15 say in your ETA 750A form. If it says, no degree required with few years experience, I think you should not have any problem in getting your I-140 approved. I know one of my friend with 10+3year Diploma in Electroncis Engineering from India got his GC few years ago.

-Ebi
it says
BE+2 years exp
or
no degree with 5 yrs exp. (which is what I have at the time of filing labor)

mgupta2050 said:
it says
BE+2 years exp
or
no degree with 5 yrs exp. (which is what I have at the time of filing labor)

mgupta2050,

Based on the requirement in your ETA-750A form, you should not have any issues in getting your I-140 approved. You are due for your approval anytime soon. The current processing time is 05/30/2006 - NSC EB3

-Ebi

Last edited by a moderator:
ebi2006 said:
mgupta2050,

Based on the requirement in your ETA-750A form, you should not have any issues in getting your I-140 approved. You are due for your approval anytime soon. The current processing time is 05/30/2006 - NSC EB3

-Ebi
what does 5/30 really means.....when my filing date is 5/5/06 --shouldn't my case already be approved ??

mgupta2050 said:
what does 5/30 really means.....when my filing date is 5/5/06 --shouldn't my case already be approved ??

The current processing time for NSC-EB3 is 05/30/2006. It means the applications with a received date upto 05/30/2006 are being processed.

I am bit confused here about your date of filing. Is it 05/25 or 05/05? If it was 05/05, you should call NSC and find out about your case. Because NSC was processing applications with a received date of 05/08 a month ago. What does your case number start with? Please don't specify the last four digits.

Read this.....
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=a9243529fdb7e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD

If Your Case Is Outside Our Current Processing Time

The processing times that we publish let you estimate how long it will take us to process cases filed before yours, and then process your case. However, every case is different and sometimes an individual case can take longer than average.

If you don't hear from us within the normal processing time, check for updated processing times on our website. If your case has a receipt number, use it to check on the status of your case at the same time. We recommend this action on your part because our notice may be on its way to you.

If at any point your case should become more than 30 days outside our normal processing time, and you haven't received a written decision or update from us within the last 60 days, you can help us by calling customer service and letting us know. We will research your case, see what needs to be done to get it processed, and get back to you with an explanation.

ebi2006 said:
The current processing time for NSC-EB3 is 05/30/2006. It means the applications with a received date upto 05/30/2006 are being processed.

I am bit confused here about your date of filing. Is it 05/25 or 05/05? If it was 05/05, you should call NSC and find out about your case. Because NSC was processing applications with a received date of 05/08 a month ago. What does your case number start with? Please don't specify the last four digits.

Read this.....
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=a9243529fdb7e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD

If Your Case Is Outside Our Current Processing Time

The processing times that we publish let you estimate how long it will take us to process cases filed before yours, and then process your case. However, every case is different and sometimes an individual case can take longer than average.

If you don't hear from us within the normal processing time, check for updated processing times on our website. If your case has a receipt number, use it to check on the status of your case at the same time. We recommend this action on your part because our notice may be on its way to you.

If at any point your case should become more than 30 days outside our normal processing time, and you haven't received a written decision or update from us within the last 60 days, you can help us by calling customer service and letting us know. We will research your case, see what needs to be done to get it processed, and get back to you with an explanation.
it is 5/5 --not 5/25...I will fix my signature
here is LIN LIN061595XXXX (what does it tell me ?? )