3 Months residence with in state

chillies

Registered Users (C)
Hi, i am looking for some guidance here

I/spouse are eligible for N-400 since jan 2nd. Since last year we have been living out of state having our home address back in another state and renting out the place to someone. We are forwarding our mails temporary as we are planning to move back sometime toon. Things turned out that i need to stay back in current place for 2013 as well. Now i never changed my address anywhere including income statements etc...

Now i have decided that i will permanently change my address. With regards N400, do i need to wait for another 3 months to file in our current state where i stay or should i wait. Or file in my home state?

Appreciate any input in this regards

Its important to have lived minimum 3 months in your present resident state before filing at the USCIS office having jurisdiction over that residence. Since you have decided to change to another address (new home/residence) it would be better to wait 3 months before filing in current state.Good luck!

The reason I asked about the AR-11 is USCIS might consider the date you moved according to the effective date of the AR-11.

The reason I asked about the AR-11 is USCIS might consider the date you moved according to the effective date of the AR-11.

I do not think so. Some people even forget to file AR-11. Lease contract, utility bill, bank statement....etc will do the job for you.