2nd N400 interview

SAM33

Registered Users (C)
I wanted this process to be over with so badly, I applied in Jan 09, everything was going smooth, I got my first interview 10 days before 5 yr, I was worried. When I went to interview IO start the interview and as soon as he find out that I am before 5 yr, he told me that he will not be able to approved my case today and wait till my 5 yr is over, but will continue with interview, I pass the English, history civic test, in the end I ask him if he has everything and all my checks are done, he said he has everything, he made me sign the photos and application, also ask me to check a sheet with all my particulars. I ask him how often is Oath, he told me to bring my GC and fill the questionare. N-652 decision cannot be made.
3 days after my interview my case status change to "Request for Additional Evidence Sent". and than 5 days later case status change to "This case has been sent for a Standard Interview". Today I received a letter for "Naturalization Re-Interview".
Now I am going crazy, why they want to re-interview me. There are some experience people on this forum, Please give me some advise, what went wrong, what else they need. my application was very simple, no travel, one employer, one residence.

I agree, that's what I was thinking too, but sign what, I sign the application 3 places and both photos, if they need more documents than they would have requested to submit by mail, why they want me to come again. Now for next one month I will be going crazy.

I agree, that's what I was thinking too, but sign what, I sign the application 3 places and both photos, if they need more documents than they would have requested to submit by mail, why they want me to come again. Now for next one month I will be going crazy.

It may be some standard procedure for all applicants that have interviewed before they reached their fifith anniversary as PRs. Just guessing.

come on...the worst thing they'll do is to ask you the english and civil questions again. Nothing to worry.

I wanted this process to be over with so badly, I applied in Jan 09, everything was going smooth, I got my first interview 10 days before 5 yr, I was worried. When I went to interview IO start the interview and as soon as he find out that I am before 5 yr, he told me that he will not be able to approved my case today and wait till my 5 yr is over, but will continue with interview, I pass the English, history civic test, in the end I ask him if he has everything and all my checks are done, he said he has everything, he made me sign the photos and application, also ask me to check a sheet with all my particulars. I ask him how often is Oath, he told me to bring my GC and fill the questionare. N-652 decision cannot be made.
3 days after my interview my case status change to "Request for Additional Evidence Sent". and than 5 days later case status change to "This case has been sent for a Standard Interview". Today I received a letter for "Naturalization Re-Interview".
Now I am going crazy, why they want to re-interview me. There are some experience people on this forum, Please give me some advise, what went wrong, what else they need. my application was very simple, no travel, one employer, one residence.

I am sorry you have to go through this,, when did they reschedule you for a second interview?

In these boards there was another poster with a similiar case he was aked to re-interview, but he has not updated what happened in his second interview (scheduled for Mar 27 I think ).

I wish you luck :)

Can you please let me know the number of days from FP to your 1st interview?

Thanks

7 weeks from the day I received my IL letter, did my FP on Sat, and IL letter came next Monday, 9 days later.

Correction to my last post.
7 weeks from the day, I did my FP. Seems Like you also received your IL letter before your 5yrs period?

Correction to my last post.
7 weeks from the day, I did my FP. Seems Like you also received your IL letter before your 5yrs period?

Thanks for the response; no I havent recd my IL yet.

Just hoping it doesnt come in before the anniv, so wanted to check how fast it generally comes.

So, 49 days was pretty fast for u, unfortunately :(

Best luck for the 2nd interview

Well you said the first was done before your 5 year elligebility, so now that you have reched 5 years, you are being called in for an interview. Its either you will repeat the same stuff you did, or they will just ask you a few more quetions and you will be sworn in.
Relax your case is looking good. Good luck.

Finally I called them on Friday, after I explain everything to customer service, he transfer my call to IO, he told me that my case has been approved, and he does not know why 2 interview letter was mailed to me. But he did told me that IO who interviewed me, note on computer that he does not require more paperwork from me.
I made a info pass and went to their office today. First, office told me the same thing that I am approved and in que for Oath. But when I told him that why I received 2 interview letter, he went to talk with the IO who took my interview and came back telling me that IO by mistake click on that option since he put my file in suspense for few days. I am approved and not to worry about my appointment in May, and he laugh and said by then you will be probably USC. Thank You everyone for your support.

It did drove me crazy for few days thats why I called on Friday. Exactly 20 years, yes it took me 20 years, any sane person can go nuts waiting 20 years.

Finally I called them on Friday, after I explain everything to customer service, he transfer my call to IO, he told me that my case has been approved, and he does not know why 2 interview letter was mailed to me. But he did told me that IO who interviewed me, note on computer that he does not require more paperwork from me.
I made a info pass and went to their office today. First, office told me the same thing that I am approved and in que for Oath. But when I told him that why I received 2 interview letter, he went to talk with the IO who took my interview and came back telling me that IO by mistake click on that option since he put my file in suspense for few days. I am approved and not to worry about my appointment in May, and he laugh and said by then you will be probably USC. Thank You everyone for your support.

Congrats! What's your DO?