2nd EAD Receipt Notice!! Can individual work?

scopius

Registered Users (C)
EAD of my spouse is endingon Aug 8th. EAD renewal has been filed and we have the receipt notice.
In case the EAD is not approval by Aug 8th, Can she still continue to work?
Or has to stop working till approved EAD Renewal is received?

Thanks

EAD of my spouse is endingon Aug 8th. EAD renewal has been filed and we have the receipt notice.
In case the EAD is not approval by Aug 8th, Can she still continue to work?
Or has to stop working till approved EAD Renewal is received?

Thanks

To work legally on EAD, you have to have actual card issued in your hand (not just application, receipt notice, .......etc). If you are using EAD and the renewal delayed due to any reason, you should stop working and take leave till your renewal approved. If you accumulate 180 without valid card, you will face adverse consequences on your pending I-485. It is your responsibility to apply for renewal in advance (120 days before expiration) to be in safe side to get your card on time, and do not forget if you get RFE for your application, the clock will start from day one again after the USCIS receive your reply to this RFE

To work legally on EAD, you have to have actual card issued in your hand (not just application, receipt notice, .......etc).

Not true. When my EAD was approved, I remember the notice said that the notice could be used for work up to 30 days from notice date.
I joined a new job using the notice and later gave them a copy of my EAD card.

Need help

Hi Gurus,

I am a quite reader for three years. now I your need help, I recently filed my EAD renewal application online and got receipt notice , But by mistake I put wrong I-94 number, Now I am sending all supporting documents to TSC, I wanted to know that will be any impact on my application or will I get RFE. what should I do now?

Thanks
I would really appreciate your opinion

Not true. When my EAD was approved, I remember the notice said that the notice could be used for work up to 30 days from notice date.

Yes, the approval notice does state this. But the question above was regarding the receipt notice, not the approval notice. Therefore, mmed is technically correct that you need to have evidence of new EAD approval. Where mmed is not quite right is regarding an RFE, the clock stops when the RFE is issued and resumes from whence it stopped once the response to the RFE is filed. The clock does not start over from day zero.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gurus,

I am a quite reader for three years. now I your need help, I recently filed my EAD renewal application online and got receipt notice , But by mistake I put wrong I-94 number, Now I am sending all supporting documents to TSC, I wanted to know that will be any impact on my application or will I get RFE. what should I do now?

Thanks
I would really appreciate your opinion

Do nothing. If you get an RFE, answer it. Ultimately, it is unlikely to affect anything and I'll be surprised if you get an RFE because of this. This is for an EAD based on a pending I-485 correct? In this case, I-94 is irrelevant anyway.