221g - for H4

gujju161

Registered Users (C)
My Wife's H4 revalidation was refused due to 221g. Reasons:
1) They need a copy of her Work-permit/SSN
2) Copy of my I 797 + I 94.

Also, they have insisted that she myst use the Electronic Visa Application Form DS-156, which has a bar code on the 3rd page.
I am trying to get the form from :

http://evisaforms.state.gov,

but the web-site seems to be down. Has anybody filled out the Electronic Form before ?

Thanks

Check the link. One member has posted this earlier
"The Department of State (DOS) announced that it will only accept the bar-coded Form DS-156 which can be found in fillable format on the DOS website (http://travel.state.gov/DS-0156.pdf). Other versions of this form are being returned."

Yes

The lawyer has got the passport back without the stamping.
The SL Recv date was October 2. Don't know DC received date.

The link mentioned takes you to the standard PDF file for DS 156- which is not accepted any more . They need the Electronic version of the form which generates a bar-code. Somehow that web-site seems to be down.

Re: Yes

so you guys mean to say
now stlouis or washington state department is no more accpting DS156 hardcopy or what???
or everyone should file electronically ???
if so what is the exact site and where should we download that??
Thanks for your info

Originally posted by gujju161
The lawyer has got the passport back without the stamping.
The SL Recv date was October 2. Don't know DC received date.

The link mentioned takes you to the standard PDF file for DS 156- which is not accepted any more . They need the Electronic version of the form which generates a bar-code. Somehow that web-site seems to be down.

I guess most of us filled the form after directly downloading from the state department website. Does it mean that everyone of us will be refused based on the fact that their was no electronically generated barcode.

Well its hard to beleive that they will do that. Can other verify if they used some kind of form, other than that available on state department website.............The form consist of 2 pages, where s the 3rd page..........

Its confusing...

i dont think they will refuse everyones.
Most of us do download this form from state dept website only
this happens and they will ask for electronic filing of DS-156 when you are applying for your visa in canada or revalidating in canada consulates ..
not sure .. lets have discussion on this

Originally posted by Jalma
I guess most of us filled the form after directly downloading from the state department website. Does it mean that everyone of us will be refused based on the fact that their was no electronically generated barcode.

Well its hard to beleive that they will do that. Can other verify if they used some kind of form, other than that available on state department website.............The form consist of 2 pages, where s the 3rd page..........

Its confusing...

Don't Panic

Guys,

I don't think that they will reject reval applications filed before a certian date just because it was filed using a 2 page DS 156 without the bar-code.

My wife's h4 reval was declined because they want to see a copy of her SSN card + EAD.

The letter I received from Dept of State regarding 221g states that while resending the papers I "must" use the Electronic form which generates a bar-code when you hit the "Continue" button.

Thanks

Re: Don't Panic

You are saying H4 revalidation ..
Then how can a H4 get SSN

Originally posted by gujju161
Guys,

I don't think that they will reject reval applications filed before a certian date just because it was filed using a 2 page DS 156 without the bar-code.

My wife's h4 reval was declined because they want to see a copy of her SSN card + EAD.

The letter I received from Dept of State regarding 221g states that while resending the papers I "must" use the Electronic form which generates a bar-code when you hit the "Continue" button.

Thanks

I just filled the form with some grabage stuff and I clicked on the second page and , it does generate a bar code and also thrid page with some kind of "A" number, they ask us to printout all three pages and send the application.

I could have sworn that the website did not have any of this evisa form stuff way back in Oct 2003 i.e. when I filled the forms. Back then all I did was fill out the pdf form and took a print out. The form had a space to put a bar-code sticker.

I am thinkning what they mean is now that hence forth and for everyone who gets 22-g , they need to send the DS-156 that has the barcode already printed.

Fun are the ways of INS!!, they sure do keep us mentally stimulated !!

I agree with Jalma that they would not/Should not refuse forms that were sent last year i.e. 2003

h4 and SSN

Yes. it is h4 revalidation.

She has a SSN + EAD as part of Green card pending (I485)
Since on the DS-156, I mentioned that she works with a bank, they want to see a proof of SSN + EAD. I will be sending it tomorrow.

Hi gujju161,

I am again confused with your answer. I think once you start working on your EAD, H-status is no longer valid. How are they going to revalidate this....

She has an H4 which is used as a document for re-entry.
The EAD just allows her to work in this country. It cannot be used for re-entry.

You can have an EAD and be sitting at home if you don't have a job - that still makes you a dependent spouse.

If you use your EAD for employment, then you cannot re-apply for an H1.

Visa Revalidation

I am about to file for visa revalidation for me , my wife and 3 year old daughter.

I have got few questions:
1.Do we really need an attorney?
2. My daughter is too young to sign .. shall I sign on her form.
3. State dept still says that DS-156 feb 2003 version to be used, please suggest.

Re: Visa Revalidation

Originally posted by anna72
I am about to file for visa revalidation for me , my wife and 3 year old daughter.

I have got few questions:
1.Do we really need an attorney?
@@@@ You dont need attorney
2. My daughter is too young to sign .. shall I sign on her form.
@@@ yes on behalf of her a parent can sign
3. State dept still says that DS-156 feb 2003 version to be used, please suggest.
@@@ we can follow the site .. means we can use that DS-156

anna,

>>1.Do we really need an attorney?

I don't think an attorney is required.

>>2. My daughter is too young to sign .. shall I sign on her form.

The legal guardian can sign the form

>3. State dept still says that DS-156 feb 2003 version to be used, >please suggest.

Yes. You need to submit the latest Feb 2003 version of the DS-156 forms.

See below,

Visa Revalidation (01-06-2003)

The Department of State (DOS) announced that it will only accept the bar-coded Form DS-156 which can be found in fillable format on the DOS website (http://travel.state.gov/DS-0156.pdf). Other versions of this form are being returned.

Originally posted by lcauser
anna,

>>1.Do we really need an attorney?
what do you mean by this ..
So we all should take a print out or once after filling we get barcode or what
still confusing .. I just checked both versions are same ..
What makes a difference here ...

I don't think an attorney is required.

>>2. My daughter is too young to sign .. shall I sign on her form.

The legal guardian can sign the form

>3. State dept still says that DS-156 feb 2003 version to be used, >please suggest.

Yes. You need to submit the latest Feb 2003 version of the DS-156 forms.

See below,

Visa Revalidation (01-06-2003)

The Department of State (DOS) announced that it will only accept the bar-coded Form DS-156 which can be found in fillable format on the DOS website (http://travel.state.gov/DS-0156.pdf). Other versions of this form are being returned.

what do you mean by this ..
So we all should take a print out or once after filling we get barcode or what
still confusing .. I just checked both versions are same ..
What makes a difference here ...