221(g)

Suitcase@door

Registered Users (C)
hi everyone
i had my f-1 visa interview yesterday all went well as i hoped the consulate officer was nice and it didnt seem to be a problem that i am enrolled in a community college as i expected when reading reviews regarding community colleges and 2 years degree but the officer said my parents finance documents werent enough i didnt understand why because i have almost $25.ooo on bank statment while the 2 years degree tuition fees all together are no more than $19.000 anyway she said its still fine when she knew i have two brothers in the USA and i will be staying with them so they will cover my living expenses and other things so there will on;ybe tiuition fees i will have my parents paying. at the end she said that there is only one thing i have to bring and i will be fine..she handed me a 221(g) sheet and wrote down that i have to bring my two brothers' green cards copies and thier 1040 tax documents as soon as possible

i am just wondering now if this is normal and anyone had a case of 221(g) .?

221(g) basically means that the consulate is not ready to make their final adjudication on an application. It is mostly given when a document is needed by the consulate. In your case, they need copies of your brothers' green cards and their 1040s.

i am just wondering now if this is normal and anyone had a case of 221(g) .?

Hi Suitcase@door,
Please note its important for you to submit the documents asked for within the time frame (which usually is 30-60 days) given to you. Subsequently you would be informed about the interview date when the final decision would be taken.Good luck!

thanks TC & Nancy

just a quick question please i receied a call from the consulate the guy said i shouldcome tomorrow pick up my passporti asked if the visa is approved he said yes ..i just want to ask because i only left my passport and I-20 and they didnt keep my photo..whats F-! visa like then?isnt it like other visas such as B's...visa with photo stamped on you passport? or its extra documents handed there

Hi Suitcase@door,
Congrats!Form I-20A-B, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status-For Academic and Language Students,a passport valid for travel to the United States,one (1) 2x2 photograph are the required documents.Did you upload your digital image as part of completing the online visa application form?

Thanks Nancy & forthe quick reply... yes i have, on DS-160 i uploaded my digital image..do they use this one ? because i'm sure they didnt take my photograph..only I-20 and passport