221(g) with Refusal Letter for H1B.... Confusing me...

spandana

Hi All,

Recently I went to Chennai Consulate and got 221(g) for only one additional document i.e "letter

from employer to USCIS"., which it was not submitted by me to the VO while in that H1B interview.

Further I recd. a refusal letter from the VO (at that same moment) with the following matter.

Based on the documents you have submitted to us, and the information elicited in your interview

with an American Consular Officer, you do not appear to be qualified for an H-1B temporary work

visa.

In accordance with United States Law and Department of State guidelines, action on your case has

been suspended, and the I-129 Petition for a Non-Immigrant Worker filed on your behalf will be

returned to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with a memorandum

explaining the facts of your case as presented to us a the time of interview. The U.S. Consulate

in Chennai is no longer handling your case, and will be unable to give you any information on the

status of your petition.
For your information , your visa was refused today under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and

Nationality Act(INA) . Essentially, this section states that a visa cannot be issued to anyone

whose application does not appear to the Consular Officer to meet the requirements of the INA or

of the regulation thereunder.

Based on 221(g) I am going to VFS, Chennai office to drop the documents. At this stage I have one

doubt in DS-156 Column(31)...

Have you ever been refused a US Visa? Yes / No

Which option i have to select for this column(31) in DS-156?

I did M.Com, PG diploma in Computer Science from BDPS and literally having 6+ yrs IT Experience.

(Really having 9 yrs of programming exp).

Senior members, pl. tell my h1b Chances after dropping the required docs. thru VFS.

Shall I put hopes or not?

Please reply soon...., as I am going to Chennai in a couple of days.. please...

Thanks in advance,
Spandana.

Last edited by a moderator:
The answer is NO. 221(g) is not a refusal.

spandana said:
Hi All,

Recently I went to Chennai Consulate and got 221(g) for only one additional document i.e "letter

from employer to USCIS"., which it was not submitted by me to the VO while in that H1B interview.

Further I recd. a refusal letter with the following matter.

Based on the documents you have submitted to us, and the information elicited in your interview

with an American Consular Officer, you do not appear to be qualified for an H-1B temporary work

visa.

In accordance with United States Law and Department of State guidelines, action on your case has

been suspended, and the I-129 Petition for a Non-Immigrant Worker filed on your behalf will be

returned to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with a memorandum

explaining the facts of your case as presented to us a the time of interview. The U.S. Consulate

in Chennai is no longer handling your case, and will be unable to give you any information on the

status of your petition.
For your information , your visa was refused today under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and

Nationality Act(INA) . Essentially, this section states that a visa cannot be issued to anyone

whose application does not appear to the Consular Officer to meet the requirements of the INA or

Based on 221(g) I am going to VFS, Chennai office to drop the documents. At this stage I have one

I did M.Com, PG diploma in Computer Science from BDPS and literally having 6+ yrs IT Experience.

Senior members, pl. tell my h1b Chances after dropping the required docs. thru VFS.

Thanks in advance,
Spandana.

Hi

I am also in the same situation. I got 221g on 27 Oct 2005 and I provided the necessary documentation next day and I got my VISA 28 OCT 2005
again I am going for h1b visa stamping on Aug'21 st 2008 at chennai
In Ds-156, for the questions "Have you ever refused US VISA", Do I need to select Yes / No.
Your immediate response/help is much appreciated..pls advise ASAP

Hi All,

Further I recd. a refusal letter from the VO (at that same moment) with the following matter.

visa.

status of your petition.

Thanks in advance,
Spandana.

visa.

status of your petition.

-------------------
************Consulate may not grant you visa. get in touch with your US employer and his/her Attorney .
It seems were not able to answer your questions Related to your job duties.